SASS Wire Forum

Aging

Subdeacon Joe

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

The four oldest are the only ones I have ever fired.

Forty, you never fired Mr Stoner's Masterpiece...?  :)

Okay, I hate to admit it, but my eyes aren't recognizing "29."

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Forty, you never fired Mr Stoner's Masterpiece...?  :)

Okay, I hate to admit it, but my eyes aren't recognizing "29."

When I first put on a uniform I was issues a m-1 Garand, later I got an M-1 carbine.  In "nma I had an m-2 carbine, a 1928A1 Thompson and later a M-1 Thompson.  Also ran through an M-3A1 "grease gun, a couple of AKs and SKS carbines and some other stuff.  Still love the Tommy guns.

I was issued an M-14 on a couple of assignments, and had some experience with the FAL, Ma Deuce, a wooden stocked UZI, and the list goes on.

About two weeks before I left the Corps we finall got M-16s issued and I signed for them, inventoried them, had them cleaned and issued to their in-house users, but I never fired one to this day.

My only issued pistols were all 1911s except for some target .22 semi autos.  S&W Model 41, Ruger Standard and some other variations, Hi Standards, and a Beretta target pistol.

All that other stuff is after my time.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

29 is an FN P90 submachine gun. Shoots the same stuff as the Five Seven pistol. Basically a centerfire 22 magnum.

That is kind of glazing over the wonderful Project 90.  A 6# full auto bullpup with no recoil and a 50rd magazine.  Armor piercing rounds available to Military and LE (32gr .224 at 2350fps from 10” barrel).  Not something typically accomplished by 22 WMR.

Archived