SASS Wire Forum

Indian 4

Subdeacon Joe

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That’s very cool, Joe. :)

Pat - If you want to see some Indians being restored, go over to Indian Engineering in Stanton on Monroe just off of Beach. Tell John that I sent you. He is usually there on Saturdays also.

He might even still be working on a Crocker! Or the restoration of a V-8 Indian (Ford flathead)!

Around here you can see lots of Indians, at least one Black Shadow and a couple of other lesser known bikes.

A light caramel and milk chocolate colored one is ridden by an Apache woman about 30 years old that I've seen a few times at the VA clinic.  Not sure which is more eye appealing, her or her ride.

Old memories. of Indian 4's     Friend of mine had one in high school.   Money was tight so he scrimped by with old spark plug boots.   Amazing how many times cylinder #4 would light him up when kicking the beast over.        GW

My dad had an Indian 4 when he and my mom got married. Don’t know if he still had it when I was born, but I remember him talking about a 4 into 1 pipe setup with no muffler. He said you could hear it for two miles and on a quiet night it was more like five!!

Archived