SASS Wire Forum

If you felt the need

Alpo

for a Uberti Baby Rolling Block, would you want to get one in 357 (which would be much simpler to find ammunition for, and if you reload, the straight wall case is much simpler to work with), or 44/40 (which is what the gun was chambered for originally)?

I have successfully fought off the need for several years now, but I feel it growing upon me once again.

Sometimes it needs to be a 357 (I gave my daughter my 357 Rossi, and thus have no 357 rifle. At the moment).

Other times it needs to be a 44/40. I have much love for this cartridge, currently having three rifles and five pistols chambered for it.

I can't make up my mind, which, I suppose, is the main reason that I have been successful in fighting off the need.

There is still small voice back in the corner of my mind that says HELL, JUST GET ONE OF EACH.

I did that one time. Had two identical appearing pistols - a 45 and a 44. Such fun, when in time of need or want you go to load your pistol, and cannot figure out why that 45 cartridge won't go in that 44 hole.

Not gonna do that again.

Archived