SASS Wire Forum

Freedom Bells, Gremlin Bells, Ride Bells...all given by friends to us motorcycle riders

Pat Riot

I got a very nice surprise gift from our Pard,  Perro Del Diablo when I was recuperating from my motorcycle crash. He sent me a new Freedom Bell and some great Honor Coins, including a beautiful USMC coin. That one is going into a display I am

putting together. :)

I wanted to PM him a photo of my bike with the bell attached but you cannot PM photos. 

Anyway, here are a couple of shots of my newly reassembled bike with it’s shiny new bell. :D

1C97EBDD-4B8F-4CD5-8BF1-46C9C6ADC9CB.thumb.jpeg.4e4883de9838cfa4995b37b2fbd75bc8.jpeg

725CFEA0-0CCF-4694-AE2B-93E8C578D128.thumb.jpeg.393c63d0f89068b02a67397243f1f6a7.jpeg

373BC627-22CB-40E6-A188-2100F212FB10.thumb.jpeg.24a8e774bbe751b2ead53a0bc055152d.jpeg

I gave been back on my bike for 2 weeks now. Love that machine.

SHOW US YOUR RIDES WITH YOUR BELLS :)

2001 Vulcan.

Fetchin' it home after a flat tire. I didn't have a MC trailer, so I welded up a front tire rack, bolted it on an old snowmobile trailer, and screwed on a couple 2x4's for a track. :)

My bell is a cut down brass 10g shell with a cut down .38 case for a clapper - doesn't make much noise, but it's kept the gremlins away so far... well, except for the flat tire. :lol:

Vulcan.jpg

GremlimBell.jpg

Mine is a tiny one attached under the head stock.
I traded my forward controls even-Steven for a set of mid controls with a rider in IL.
He included a tiny bell in his package.

2016.11.11.Bruce.sfw.jpg

Always referred to them as Biker Bells.  I have an even half dozen and haven't owned a bike in over 50 years nor been on one in just under 50 years.  

I don't like pain:  it hurts, and after an episode involving a Kawasaki and a cab driver in Machinato, Okinawa, I called it quits.

So the reason Jimmy had so much trouble in this flick is because he put the bell on the horn, and it shoulda been on the cinch, closer to the ground?

792-2.jpg

:P

Dang, Pat!

Why didn't you start this thread a few weeks ago? I could have asked our neighbor if he had one. Alas, they moved to Idaho. His wife called yesterday and said they were out. They were some of the best neighbors we ever had.

PS He was a Hell's Angel chapter president in a "former life."

22 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Dang, Pat!

Why didn't you start this thread a few weeks ago? I could have asked our neighbor if he had one. Alas, they moved to Idaho. His wife called yesterday and said they were out. They were some of the best neighbors we ever had.

PS He was a Hell's Angel chapter president in a "former life."

I couldn’t stand my bike up let alone ride it a few weeks ago. Surgery tends to keep you off your bike. ;)

But, thank you. :D

Cute superstition...but I tend to think that a rider hurtling down the Interstate at 60-70 mph on a totally exposed vehicle probably has more to be concerned with than gremlins at ground level.

The part about riding bikes that always bothered me was how much you had to rely on the good sense of the other drivers on the road....an iffy proposition, at best.

LL

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Cute superstition...but I tend to think that a rider hurtling down the Interstate at 60-70 mph on a totally exposed vehicle probably has more to be concerned with than gremlins at ground level.

The part about riding bikes that always bothered me was how much you had to rely on the good sense of the other drivers on the road....an iffy proposition, at best.

LL

When you rid a bike you do it with a heightened sense of awareness. You have to be sharp of eye and fast of movement. Split second decision making is essential.

Or you die.

26 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

When you rid a bike you do it with a heightened sense of awareness. You have to be sharp of eye and fast of movement. Split second decision making is essential.

Or you die.

Or learn to bounce really really good! :D

Met one today that sooner rather than later is destined for the ER.  Bike came up to a light that had just changed to green  and made a LH turn right in front of a car making a right. I saw him coming and knew he was anticipating the light because he was going way too fast as he approached the intersection.

Based on his actions he didn't even see the car until it was about two feet from taking him out.

Good thing the guy in the car was on the ball or mr touring bike would have come out on the short end of who has the right of way.

Since my latest problem seems to be remaining upright, would a bell hanging from my crotch take care of my problem?

6 hours ago, Noz said:

Since my latest problem seems to be remaining upright, would a bell hanging from my crotch take care of my problem?

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

No, but it might provide an audible indicator of your level of excitement....

LL

Great, now I'm going to have a Chuck Berry earworm all day.

Thanks.

“Lalalalala...Tra-la-la-la-laaaaa. Boogity, boogity, boogity...Oh say can you seeeeeeeee...Ding-dong the witch is dead...purple mountain’s majesty...got to keep on dancin’, dancin’, dancin’...Hell’s Bells...you got me ringin’ hell’s bells...Do you feel like we do?...Don’t look back (cool guitar rift)...Work, work, do my work, do my dirty work scapegoat...Misty mountain rain...Rocky Top you’ll always be home sweet home to me, good ol’ Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee....”

There!

Archived