SASS Wire Forum

Pet Peeve of the day.....

So how many times have you been somewhere, be it a restaurant, your work, etc. and you're in the restroom, just washed your hands and it's time to dry them.

Some places have installed the Air Dryers, but I'm not a big fan of them, even though they eliminate the mess of paper, they are noisy and take too long. The best kind are the ones that have the automatic sensor that dispenses them by waving your hands under the unit. The worst are the C-Fold towels that are stacked so tightly in the unit that attempting to get them out with wet hands is a disaster! :angry:

917983833_PaperTowels2.thumb.jpg.364155e72c27835dc6e4e9a9cd648631.jpg  1537579340_PaperTowels1.thumb.jpg.31090b8289e104682214fb17d4f04816.jpg

The thing I hate is when they don't have any paper towels so you can use them to open the door to exit the restroom!  Not everybody washes their hands before grabbing the door handle! :angry:  If I can't use something so I don't have to touch the bare metal, I am possibly exposing myself to someone else's germs.  Sometime have to use some toilet paper instead.  Same thing with touching the faucet handles where they have them. 

Toilet seat covers make great hand towels. 

When I exit a restroom I usually use a towel (or seat cover) to grasp the door handle. I hold the door with my foot. If there is a trash can nearby I throw the towel in the trash. If not, I throw it on the floor. 

This reminded me of a Baptist church up in Tennessee.  In the church's men's room they had a hot air hand dryer.  There was a sign over the hand dryer that said:

"For a preview of the pastor's sermon, press the button."

^_^

If you are in a bind, there is still a way. 

Most bathroom doors open in and most hydraulic closers have the arms inside the men’s room. 

When the door is set up like this, push the end of the closer arm away from the hinge edge of the door. 

The door will usually open enough to get a hold on it where people with dirty hands don’t touch it. 

Stay off the pivot, you don’t get grease.  

If the worst comes to the worst, pull part of your shirt over your hand before you grab the handle.

The pet peeve I have is with the towel dispensers with the automatic sensors that never seem to be able to sense my hand. I can sit there and wave frantically underneath them but they still won't eject any towels..... until I walk away. :angry:

20 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

If the worst comes to the worst, pull part of your shirt over your hand before you grab the handle.

The pet peeve I have is with the towel dispensers with the automatic sensors that never seem to be able to sense my hand. I can sit there and wave frantically underneath them but they still won't eject any towels..... until I walk away. :angry:

Like I said. Seat covers make great hand towels. ;)

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

That's why yer supposed to pull with 2 hands kit. 

Nuff said: :blink::P

1911621478_PaperTowels3.thumb.jpg.922709efee7309413e52d4cf518843e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Nuff said: :blink::P

1911621478_PaperTowels3.thumb.jpg.922709efee7309413e52d4cf518843e4.jpg

Oh you must have forgot the part where you shake your hands and sling water all over the bathroom. 

Then wipe them on your britches and THEN you can get the paper towels out.  I knew a fellow once who would get the paper towels before he washed his hands.

2 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I always kinda liked these.  I'm surprised we haven't gone back to them in this age of worrying about environmental impact.  As a kid, I always assumed it was about 5 feet of towel on a continuous loop. 

Just googled this and it's 40 ft long and only used once--not a continuous loop of towel

5 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

They are set just for this:lol:

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Toilet seat covers make great hand towels. 

When I exit a restroom I usually use a towel (or seat cover) to grasp the door handle. I hold the door with my foot. If there is a trash can nearby I throw the towel in the trash. If not, I throw it on the floor. 

They were called Jerry Brown Tee-shirts during his 1st 8 years as governor.  From talking to my friends & relatives still living in Kalifornia I think Gavin Newsom should replace Jerry Brown's place of dishonor.

I developed a philosophy about this kind of thing. Somewhere along the line we are exposed to germs, OMG GERMS, we develop immunities, maybe we also get sick, maybe not. Eventually we met a big bad germ, but because we have antibodies they attack the germ and help us.  If we had never seen the first germ the big bad germ might have killed us.

now for an example of my thought. A friend, Sveta, , Russian immigrant takes a babysitter job for a baby. Parents are doctors, also Russian immigrants, Super concerned about germs. If Sveta touches his pp, she must again wash him, things like that. He is so protected from germs he has no immunity from anything, later in life I expect problems.

Saw a George Carlin routine talkin about similar. Said when he was a child they would swim in the Hudson River. The Hudson River was a running sewer. Swimming in the feces gave them all kinds of immunities, and he and his boyhood friends never got sick.

Of course, he was nowhere near as couth in his description as I just was. :P

I was visiting Walmart about every ten days....but less frequently now.  If I visit the bathroom there, I wash my hands when going in AND when going out.  I carry a cowboy silk wildrag in my pocket in case there are no paper towels.  Always use a paper towel or toilet tissue to open the door and fling it toward the trash can as you leave.

There are now a boatload of illegal aliens who frequent Walmart, carrying diseases that are either new or WERE previously wiped out in the US.   So, it’s best to consciously stay clear of the illegals if you’re in someplace they frequent.  Also, I bring hand sanitizer or wet wipe sanitizers when I am in such places as Walmart.  Either that, or don’t go into Walmart or such places at all.

Cat Brules

Archived