SASS Wire Forum

If You Are So Inclined - Prayer Request

Calamity Kris

I'm going in for some major oral surgery tomorrow.  If you are so inclined, please send up a good word to our Creator.  I'm a bit frightened with this one, for some reason.  Hope to see you in a couple of days.

Thank you.

CK

You have a right to be frightened. That chair creeps me out. My thoughts will be with you.

I spent 1-1/2 hr in a dental surgeons chair this am.  Isn’t the way I like to spend my mornings. So far everything appears to have worked out ok.  Can really understand your nervous. I’ll remember you in my evening prayers. Sure everything will work out for you too

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who did patiently endure the scourging and wounding of Your most holy Body, that You might save the souls and bodies of Your people, look graciously, we beseech You, upon the suffering body of this Your servant and give her strength to endure patiently whatsoever You shall see fit to lay upon her. Bless the means employed for the working out of her cure, granting that she may so endure her sufferings in the flesh that the wounding of her body may be to avail for the correcting and salvation of her soul, for Yours it is to show mercy and to save, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up Glory, as to Your Eternal Father and Your All‑Holy, Good and Life‑creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Prayers UP for you, Chrissie!!

i Know you’re apprehensive and frightened.  

The cowboys are with you and praying for you.

Prayers are outgoing!

† Not only will God give us peace, but He will also strengthen us†

Calamity,

Praying for a successful and painless surgery and a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.  I appreciate it.

Little over an hour surgery.  Still Novocained up.  Not as bad as they feared but bad enough.  Will touch base later.

Thanks again. 

Good news. Having had a dentist use my dental work as a tutorial for a new tech in the Army, I can understand anyone being squeamish.

I’ll continue to keep you in my thoughts and meditations

You will undoubtedly experience some discomfort when the Novocain wears off.  Follow the doc's advice.  I had an implant done about a month ago, but have to wear a temporary bridge until the bone grows in ... about January...when they can install a permanent "tooth".  Prayers up for your complete and speedy recovery.

BTW, aside from the discomfort, the most painful part of oral surgery is....when the receptionist says, "Will that be cash, check or credit card?"  The scream of agony was from the piece of plastic from my wallet when she told me the charges might have been "audible" clear to my bank account! :o

3 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

You will undoubtedly experience some discomfort when the Novocain wears off.  Follow the doc's advice.  I had an implant done about a month ago, but have to wear a temporary bridge until the bone grows in ... about January...when they can install a permanent "tooth".  Prayers up for your complete and speedy recovery.

BTW, aside from the discomfort, the most painful part of oral surgery is....when the receptionist says, "Will that be cash, check or credit card?"  The scream of agony was from the piece of plastic from my wallet when she told me the charges might have been "audible" clear to my bank account! :o

Actually, my surgery was to remove an implant that was installed incorrectly several years ago.  The anchor was too long and protruded into my sinus cavity, causing a number of issues like infections. The concern was how bad the infection was and if they could remove the anchor without having to break the jaw bone.  The infection was worse than they thought but they didn't have to break the jaw to remove the anchor. 

Yes the screams of my credit card could be heard into the parking lot.  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

I'm glad to have this whole situation behind me and can move forward.  No I will not be replacing that implant, or having any other implants installed.  Ever.

It's three days post-op ... hopefully you're continuing to recover ... you mentioned coming out from under the Novacain.

I was always afraid of being pulled over on my drive home from dental work.

"Honesht, Offisher, it'sh nowacain, I jusht got outta da dennisht!"

Kris came through the procedure just fine.

She's currently resting not so quietly.  (Up and about when her doctor recommended bed rest.)

8 hours ago, Uno Mas SASS #80082 said:

Kris came through the procedure just fine.

She's currently resting not so quietly.  (Up and about when her doctor recommended bed rest.)

Uno makes excellent smoothies.  He's been very patient and kind in taking care of me.  I really appreciate that.  I will take him to a nice seafood dinner as soon as I am able to eat solid food again.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

1 hour ago, Calamity Kris said:

Uno makes excellent smoothies.  He's been very patient and kind in taking care of me.  I rally appreciate that.  I will take him to a nice seafood dinner as soon as I am able to eat solid food again.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Beef. Beef! A man needs Beeeeeeeeeeeef!

9 hours ago, Uno Mas SASS #80082 said:

Beef. Beef! A man needs Beeeeeeeeeeeef!

LOL! This reminds me of a friend who was telling a story about his wife. She was not much of a cook and told him she could fix him a potato as that was all that was in the fridge. He said, "A potato? A man needs more than a potato!" :D

Archived