SASS Wire Forum

Silver Case/Bullets?

David Balthazar

Boy Howdy, they want a lot on Amazon when you add in shipping and tax--nearly $4.60 a round!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GB4WNS/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1

Looking for an alternate cheaper source?  Hoping you good folks can help me...

When I follow your link it says it will be $17.99 plus $7.65 shipping.

(Never mind. I read your post again and assume you mean the total would be $4.60 per round. I had originally read that as $4.60 per round for shipping.)

3 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Make your own, Nickel cases, drill cross hole leave in the spent primer. Or come to TN State and I will give you some

Imis

^^^^  Nickel case with HyTek bullet should not discolor at all.

If those bullets are real silver, I think they will tarnish and you'll have to keep em shined up

like Barney Fife does his bullet.

OR, they could be Sterling Silver...which ain't pure silver.

Now, are they actually Silver Bullets, or Silver Plated on top of another material?

..........Widder

Whatever they are, they are cheaply made and it is a case and bullet, some were pushed into the case on another order (see Amazon reviews).

I have Winchester "Silver Tip" HPs but they are not silver cased. 

5 hours ago, David Balthazar said:

Whatever they are, they are cheaply made and it is a case and bullet, some were pushed into the case on another order (see Amazon reviews).

I have Winchester "Silver Tip" HPs but they are not silver cased. 

Pull the bullets & load them in nickle cases ?

I am using them for a presentation/retirement gift for a friend.  also, I was looking to run them on my gunbelt because they look great on my black rig, which has silver accents.  I was hoping they'd be lighter than real ammo, but they weigh the same, apparently.  I would prefer to have real ammo at that point.

Anyway, I bought them :-(

Use nickel cases (all shined up or new) and lead bullets. You could hit the bullets after loading with fine steel wool to bring up a sheen and coat the lead with clear nail polish to preserve so they won't dull. Dummy or live rounds will weigh basically the same and live primers do look better than popped ones. I made some 38 Spl case head earrings for my daughter and used unpopped primers I had deactivated. They look great. Several ways you could go with it.

Soaking it with oil. BTW, I have had them pop from overheating while being ground down with a Dremel. Scared the bejeezers outta me! Shoulda soaked longer, I guess.

Safety glasses always

Archived