SASS Wire Forum

Be glad you don't live in California - Gas Prices!

Wife just fueled the '16 Soul this A.M., paid $2.39/gal. With her driving, it's averaging 26 mpg all around driving( mostly in town). The '12 is slightly higher than that with me driving, close to 28mpg for mostly in town/around the park. ' 16 has the 2.0 engine, the '12 has 1.6. Both are 6 speed autos. We had gotten close to $ 2.80/gal a few weeks ago.:blush:

Bought gas for the Buick yesterday. $2.19 a gallon for 87 octane. 

Just one of MANY reasons I am glad to be living in Tennessee!! 

Oh!!  We’re having a nice rain shower right now too!!  It got hot and dry for a few weeks, but we’re STILL above the average annual rainfall for the year and we have seasons that you can tell the difference in!

Never mind our gun laws and other freedoms!!

I will be laughing long and hard at those State workers who voted in Newsom, when they find out they have no pensions when they retire.
There are many, many good reasons to not live in CA.  This is only one of many.

However, there are reasons to stay put in CA.
One of them is the cost of housing.
Houses in Boise, ID are now selling at twice what mine would bring.
Ditto for NV and AZ.

Those fleeing CA apparently do not give a moment's thought to the huge amount of property tax they will be paying in their new state.
Texas has a property tax rate nearly 3x higher than CA.
NV and TX have no income tax, so this is somewhat of a wash.
ID has a property tax rate similar to CA.

When you sell out and leave, you can pay Capital Gains on the profit, roll over into a house of equal or higher price, or take the one-time senior home sale exemption. 

Most folks opt for the huge McMansion, and corresponding huge property tax bill that is due every year.
Forever.

When the sheep repeal CA Prop13 tax protections in 2020, they will destroy the economy here and flood the market with houses.
When this happens, there will be a huge exodus to the outlying states, and a corresponding huge increase in housing costs.

45 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I will be laughing long and hard at those State workers who voted in Newsom, when they find out they have no pensions when they retire.
There are many, many good reasons to not live in CA.  This is only one of many.

However, there are reasons to stay put in CA.
One of them is the cost of housing.
Houses in Boise, ID are now selling at twice what mine would bring.
Ditto for NV and AZ.

Those fleeing CA apparently do not give a moment's thought to the huge amount of property tax they will be paying in their new state.
Texas has a property tax rate nearly 3x higher than CA.
NV and TX have no income tax, so this is somewhat of a wash.
ID has a property tax rate similar to CA.

When you sell out and leave, you can pay Capital Gains on the profit, roll over into a house of equal or higher price, or take the one-time senior home sale exemption. 

Most folks opt for the huge McMansion, and corresponding huge property tax bill that is due every year.
Forever.

When the sheep repeal CA Prop13 tax protections in 2020, they will destroy the economy here and flood the market with houses.
When this happens, there will be a huge exodus to the outlying states, and a corresponding huge increase in housing costs.

Check out Missouri. ;)

Where we are headed there permanently, as soon as the house here sells.

Wife's:wub: family is there,  Ima is there now(:() due to job promotion and transfer to Springfield.

OLG

Filled the motor home here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada late Saturday.

Using the Canadian Tire credit card, giving me a .10 per litre discount, I paid .973 per litre.

I'll leave the math calculations to Major Crimes to figure it all out.

The Premier of our Province, Doug Ford, (May his name be forever blessed) ordered ALL pumps in the Province to have a sticker attached that showed the current and rising "Carbon Tax" being imposed by the Federal Government on all fossil fuels.

3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Check out Missouri. ;)

Where we are headed there permanently, as soon as the house here sells.

Wife's:wub: family is there,  Ima is there now(:() due to job promotion and transfer to Springfield.

OLG

HEY!!  LUMPY!!

Let me know when you get moved!!  Studdly and I will come and visit!!  Noz lives out there and there's a NUMBER of clubs within reasonable driving distance!!

Just now, Blackwater 53393 said:

HEY!!  LUMPY!!

Let me know when you get moved!!  Studdly and I will come and visit!!  Noz lives out there and there's a NUMBER of clubs within reasonable driving distance!!

Will do:excl:

Tell Stumbles I said HI! ^_^

OLG

Archived