SASS Wire Forum

Be glad you don't live in California - Gas Prices!

Good Grief...!  :blink:

https://ktla.com/2019/10/02/california-gas-prices-hit-5-year-high-are-nearly-1-50-above-the-national-average/

I filled up the Miata two nights ago (it takes premium grade) at $4.299... now it's $4.79 at the same station.  In some places as high as $5.299!!  surprised.gif

And expected to increase another 20¢ to 50¢ over the next week.   :(

Prices of gasoline per gallon are displayed at a gas station on October 1, 2019 in Los Angeles. (Credit: Mario Tama/Getty Images)

Ok bare with me my maths is dodgy.

A US liquid gallon is 3.78 litres

Fuel in Sydney is 1.65 and we are told going up to 1.70 (this is for E10 Ethanol fuel, Premium is 0.15 a litre higher)

1.7 x 3.78 = $6.43 a US Liquid Gallon- E10

1.85 x 3.78 = $6.99 a US Gallon- Premium 85

Yep...a butterfly farts on an oil rig and California refiners find a way to make excuses to raise prices...and every time, the morons in government say they are going to get to the bottom of it and “Do Something” and every time the public gets screwed and the politicians use publicly owned helicopters to get around.

I paid $4.79 yesterday for 91 octane.

I get 50 MPG on my Kawasaki. 

To hell with the refineries and to hell with the government. 

Illinois Democrats doubled the state gas tax and indexed it to inflation so it can automatically increase. Regular gas is running 2.59 to 2.69 a gallon. But don't worry California cowboys, I heard that the politicians have a plan to lower gas prices, they're going to ban all fossil fuels. 

$2.29 here in Warsaw, Mo.

Mileage was a big factor in my decision to buy a new Honda Fit a couple years ago to replace my aging and defunct Civic. My best "whole tank" average has been 47.1 mpg. :)

BestMileage.jpg

Premium with no ethanol is $2.99 a gallon here in Alabama.  Diesel is $2.82.  I'm driving the wife's Miata back and forth to work because it gets slightly more than twice the mileage my Chevy 3500 dually gets.  

Paid $2.27 in the big city of Merkel a couple days ago. I drive 30 to 50 miles to work one way, so I burn a lot of gas, get it as cheap as I can. Prices fluctuate so fast around here so fast it's crazy. 17 mile away in Abilene  it's 20-30 cents higher.

JHC

Well, ya see, some characters bombed a Saudi refinery halfway around the world and since California is the only place in the whole world impacted by that our prices just had to go up. It’s simple economics. You get a bunch of ‘tards in charge of the state economy and that is how it goes.

Of course we could drive to Arizona and get the same gas that we use here that is being pumped to there for half price, so we got that goin’ for us...-_-

21 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, ya see, some characters bombed a Saudi refinery halfway around the world and since California is the only place in the whole world impacted by that our prices just had to go up. It’s simple economics. You get a bunch of ‘tards in charge of the state economy and that is how it goes.

Of course we could drive to Arizona and get the same gas that we use here that is being pumped to there for half price, so we got that goin’ for us...-_-

Yup.  california has so many restrictions on fuel that gasoline sold in this state pretty much has to be refined here ~ cannot be imported.  So, with no new refineries in 42 years and some of those we have over a century old, there's not likely to be any real relief - unless we do as Gov Gav wants and drive electric.  But wait... electricity is in short supply... gotta unscrew that power-guzzlin' refrigerator light bulb.... 

Filled up at Sam’s Club in Springfield at $2.18 yesterday.

Here’s hoping the rest of the world continues to ignore flyover country.

The Bunkhouse Boss is getting 60.3mpg in her Corolla hybrid.

And gas prices here are $2.49/gal

17 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

Fuel in Sydney is 1.65 and we are told going up to 1.70 (this is for E10 Ethanol fuel, Premium is 0.15 a litre higher)

We have lower fuel prices than most of the world. And we’ve had low prices for so long that we tend to really yell when they go up. California’s has the highest prices in the country generally. More than most countries, we are a car based society. The train system in Europe makes dependency on autos less prevalent. We will drive rather than walk across the street. ;)

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

We have lower fuel prices than most of the world. And we’ve had low prices for so long that we tend to really yell when they go up. California’s has the highest prices in the country generally. More than most countries, we are a car based society. The train system in Europe makes dependency on autos less prevalent. We will drive rather than walk across the street. ;)

Yes, but ours are lower because we don’t tax ours like they do. They also tax it by the liter. So 41 to 60 cents on a liter equates to $1.55 to $2.28 per gallon using our currency as a reference. 

For reference California taxes gasoline at $0.35 a gallon. A few years ago it was 18.5 cents per gallon. I guess the sheep voted to raise it again in my absence. <_<

I WAS WRONG!...er, uh...I was INCORRECT!

We pay $0.76 per gallon overall in taxes. 

Check this out. These s***birds managed to do something while I was away that really chaps my arse.

Rather than penalize the PC Greenies for electric cars, they bump up gas tax 

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/energy-green/sd-fi-california-gastax-20170413-story.html

That’s okay Greenies. Laugh now. Your time is coming.

Looking forward to car bra burnings in the streets...:P

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes, but ours are lower because we don’t tax ours like they do. They also tax it by the liter. So 41 to 60 cents on a liter equates to $1.55 to $2.28 per gallon using our currency as a reference. 

For reference California taxes gasoline at $0.35 a gallon. A few years ago it was 18.5 cents per gallon. I guess the sheep voted to raise it again in my absence. <_<

I WAS WRONG!...er, uh...I was INCORRECT!

We pay $0.76 per gallon overall in taxes. 

Check this out. These s***birds managed to do something while I was away that really chaps my arse.

Rather than penalize the PC Greenies for electric cars, they bump up gas tax 

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/energy-green/sd-fi-california-gastax-20170413-story.html

That’s okay Greenies. Laugh now. Your time is coming.

Looking forward to car bra burnings in the streets...:P

From what I've gathered about electric cars, when the batts crap out they're pretty much scrap. Can't give 'em away cause new batts cost more then the car is worth. Just what I hear FWIW.

JHC

BTW, they used to post the amount of tax per gallon on the pumps in Texas. The quit about the time it got over .35, I guess it was pissing too many people off. I really don't know what it is now between the state and the feds. Taxes and state fees went BSC for a while the crude prices bottomed out and the state all off a sudden wasn't rolling in cash. They #$%^ sure never lowered them when times got better. :angry:

The Comrads in Sacramento go to great lengths to provide you with a veritable workers' paradise and you have the unmitigated ingratitude to complain about gas prices.

Report to your local ethnopolitical committee for re-education!  NOW!!!

58 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

When does the price hike for the changeover from summer to winter blend kick in ☹️

Same time you meet your health insurance deductible. The day Hell freezes over!

JHC :lol:

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

When does the price hike for the changeover from summer to winter blend kick in ☹️

For what it's worth... winter blend is supposed to be "cheaper."

Gov Gav's last fuel price increase was scheduled to go into affect the same day "winter blend" prices were to take over.  Idea was to make it less obvious to the public.

10 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

The Comrads in Sacramento go to great lengths to provide you with a veritable workers' paradise and you have the unmitigated ingratitude to complain about gas prices.

Report to your local ethnopolitical committee for re-education!  NOW!!!

Correction:  That's Comrade Capons....  ;)

On 10/3/2019 at 4:04 AM, Major Crimes said:

But it’s Ozzie dollars?

All the gasoline & Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel sold in Northern NV is pumped over the Sierras from refineries in the SF Bay Area On Tuesday I was in Folsom (Sacramento metropolitan area).  I filled up the Kia Soul in Fallon & the cost of 87 octane was $3.25.  ULSD last week was $2.95 today it was $3.05.  In Folsom ULSD is $3.79 & 87 octane is $3.78.  The price difference Is 100% state road fuel taxes & sales tax.  40 miles west of Fallon on Hwy 50 diesel is $2.96 & 87 octane is $3.23.  The cost of living was the icing on the cake when I retired to NV.  The traffic & politics were the primary reason we moved form the Bay Area.  After CA adopted the Louisiana top 2 primary candidate on general election ballot for all offices other than for POTUS we only voted when there was a proposition that we cared about the outcome.

P.S. Another reason is there are no safe handgun lists or AWB.  FFL transfer fees are <1/3rd those in CA and you can possess NFA items as well as night vision sights .

16 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

For what it's worth... winter blend is supposed to be "cheaper."

Gov Gav's last fuel price increase was scheduled to go into affect the same day "winter blend" prices were to take over.  Idea was to make it less obvious to the public.

Gov-Gav was the same arsehole that was making a big fuss about prices hitting $4 a few months back wanting to “get to the bottom of this” and calling for hearings.

Got news for you Gov-Gav, you are at the bottom of this, just like you are at the bottom of everything. Right where scum always exists.

That’s Governor Gavin Newsom, for all you internet pollsters looking for data on how many times that POS is mentioned online.

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Gov-Gav was the same arsehole that was making a big fuss about prices hitting $4 a few months back wanting to “get to the bottom of this” and calling for hearings.

Got news for you Gov-Gav, you are at the bottom of this, just like you are at the bottom of everything. Right where scum always exists.

That’s Governor Gavin Newsom, for all you internet pollsters looking for data on how many times that POS is mentioned online.

Scum is actually at the top - sludge is at the bottom.

53 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Scum is actually at the top - sludge is at the bottom.

Not if you tip the crap bucket. It’s always all over the bottom... ;)

Archived