SASS Wire Forum

Hope these work

LostVaquero

Have not fired these yet but I traded into a pair of still new EMF (Pietta made) Alchimista III deluxes, 5.5" 45 colt. 

Tried dry firing with caps and they feel really good, balance well and the sights are easy to pick up.  The hammer is easy to cock and get to.

I see a lot of reviews on Ubertis but little on Pietta's except the old Eliminator 8 which is somewhat similar.

I got to tell you might go back to B Western they are so pretty and match the Marlin Ltd with its engraving as well.

https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/catalog/dlxalchimistaiii_770_detail.jpg

I love those octagon barrels.:wub:

I'll probably shoot my Cimarron Eleminator 8s this Sunday at a match.  I won't expect a dramatic difference.  

1769465977_CimarronEliminator8Sept2019.jpg.782c8820ba8e893e590360e3b8895fb2.jpg

The Eliminator 8s are short stroked (good or bad).  I understand the Alchimistas are not.  In any case, I like the fleur-de-lis checkering. 

On 10/3/2019 at 6:54 PM, watab kid said:

i think i would like a set of these but ive never held one before , does the octagon barrel add weight ? i also like the look of them , 

I was surprised that they did not feel too weighty but again these are 45 Colt.  I am guessing the 357 version would definitely have more heft. 

Just started loading up some 45 cowboy specials to try them out.

I should say my C45 special was loaded with the same bullet and recipe I use for 45 acp WB 1911.  180g with 5 gr of TB in them. 

Hogdon's gives that as 852 fps with 13500 CUP.  So just under the 14000 CUP max for 45 Colt. 

I will probably back up a bit a some point but even those in that 5.5" gun felt pretty easy. 

Archived