SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Music/Song used in a Western film.

My favorite music/song used in a Western film is "The Ecstasy of Gold" from the movie "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

The lady (Susanna Rigacci) who provides the vocal in this piece has got some pipes!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Ennio+Morricone+YouTube+Com&&view=detail&mid=7DBFFA2D32896EBE34B07DBFFA2D32896EBE34B0&&FORM=VDRVRV

What is your favorite music/song used in a Western??

:)

Ecstacy of Gold.

You nailed it.

Very powerful music.

Almost mesmorizing.

All the music in Quigley Down Under. 

As as soon as I saw the subject of this thread that is what popped into my head. Love that music. :D

Since we are adding clips...

Like Pat, as soon as I read the title of the thread, one piece immediately popped into my head.

8 minutes ago, Sagebrush Burns, SASS # 14226 said:

How about High Noon?  Do not forsake me...

It is iconic, and I don't believe the movie would be the same without it, but it can also become an ear worm for me. Can't call it a favorite

ElDorado opening theme song with the Olaf Wieghorst paintings in the background (he also played the part of the gunsmith)

Several songs from how the west was won especially Shenandoah.

Don’t forget the original Red River soundtrack by Dimitri Tiomkin.  We heard it again in Rio Bravo, the duet with Ricky Nelson and Dean Martin.

Opening overture for "The Cowboys" starring John Wayne.....

Bugler

Glad to see that nobody (so far) has named one of the 'interlude' songs from the late 60's/early 70's westerns.  You know, Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head, from 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' and the ilk.  I still cringe when the slow motion love song interlude starts.  Shivering just thinking of it.

Of course, being a musical, there were lots of good songs in this one as previously shown.

poster_03.jpg

From the moment the movie started my brother and I were transfixed by the music and the movie.

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN   is my favorite Western  musical score. 

On 10/4/2019 at 2:45 PM, Stogie said:

I know the movie wasn't that great but I love the William Tell Overture from The Lone Ranger

Most don't know it, but this is also part of the William Tell Overture, 3rd movement. Crappy audio and cheesy pics, but best I could find.

JHC

Archived