SASS Wire Forum

Bandoleers, Why?

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

5 hours ago, Dust'N Bottles said:

Assuming that you are right handed, can you grab 4 with your pump hand and load over the top with any currently legal style bandoleer? My only reason for wanting to vertically stage shells in a bandoleer would be to accomplish the grab 4 the same as the guys with the SG bets with the tiny divider between the 2 pockets of 2 shells. I guess if you have giant hands it wouldn't be that impossible, The one guy I shoot with that runs a 97 wears a bandoleer and loads over top shoots 16GA to make it possible. I want to use a bandoleer so bad, but I still want to be able to pull 4.

Yes, you can pull 4 pretty easily. I don’t think I have a video of how I do it but I’ll see if I can put something together. 

2 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Having the loops oriented in a vertical configuration (straight up & down) on a laterally angled (slanted) bandolier would offset the ammunition (i.e. similar to stair steps).

How would that possibly facilitate pulling multiple rounds at the same time?? 

:blink:

(aside from the fact that, being ruled as illegal, the penalties would be a "P" + misses)??

this is a very crude mock up, but this is how. The pocket loops are no different than what you see on pull 4 belts. 

Bandoleer_Concept.gif

9 minutes ago, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

Yes, you can pull 4 pretty easily. I don’t think I have a video of how I do it but I’ll see if I can put something together. 

that would be awesome, thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dust'N Bottles said:

this is a very crude mock up, but this is how. The pocket loops are no different than what you see on pull 4 belts. 

Bandoleer_Concept.gif

Looks illegal according to PWBs earlier post. 

Just now, Dust'N Bottles said:

yes I understand, but I was just showing him how it would facilitate multiple pulls. 

Pulling them from a traditional type bandoleer isn’t that complicated. Grabbing four is not a big deal. With a little practice it becomes very easy to do.

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

Pulling them from a traditional type bandoleer isn’t that complicated. Grabbing four is not a big deal. With a little practice it becomes very easy to do.

Thanks Yul, that's route I intend to travel going forward.

1 minute ago, Dust'N Bottles said:

Thanks Yul, that's route I intend to travel going forward.

When you get your bandoleer, PM me and I’ll try to explain how Single Barrel taught me to pull four, it really works slick. 

On 10/2/2019 at 5:35 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I do the left foot thing constantly when switching between my wife’s Accord and my Camaro!

It gets real bad when the brake pedal on the automatic extends left to where the clutch is on the manual.  That shift into fourth can be a real waker-upper. 

A couple of my past passengers practically had to gather their dentures off the top of the dashboard---- and they were riding in the back seat. 

Archived