SASS Wire Forum

I Met A Non Binary Person Today

Yul Lose

12 hours ago, Juiceharp Jen said:

I know this is the saloon, but it’s still the SASS forum.  I’m having as much difficulty as most wrapping my head around the whole non-binary thing, but I do try to be respectful.  Fir the most part, this thread is not respectful and is likely to make some people feel unwelcome.  I don’t know for sure if non-binary opponents are on the wrong side of history, but intentionally misgendering people constitutes “fighting words” in any century.  Please stop.

Who says non binary are opponents? When someone flaunts their sexuality and then in the same vane doesn't want to be identified by that sex and then you find out that they were doing the non binary business to cause controversy what am I supposed to do? Sorry, but if a woman dresses like she did and performs like she did I’m going to take notice. If she doesn’t want to be looked at she ought to wear underwear under her skin tight clothes and perform her stretches in a little more secluded area. Respect is earned not demanded.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2019 at 5:45 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

Jumped to the end here so hope I didn't repeat a post. Just read in our local paper last week the newest issue of the dictionary is going to change the definition of 'they' to include singular as in a "non binary" person. This crap is getting ridiculous in my humble opinion. I say check between the legs and that's what you are no matter what you want to believe you are.

Seems quite simple to me. Do you have an innie or an outie?

JHC

Simpler yet:  if you have a "Y" chromosome you are a male.

Note to women athletes:  you have the power to stop this baloney.
If there is a person on the field with a Y chromosome, who believes they are a kazoo, but actually identifies as a giraffe, you have a solution:

Refuse to compete.
All of you.  Refuse to compete.
Shut down the event until the offender is removed.

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
--Ben Franklin, 1776, Signing the Declaration of Independence

On 10/10/2019 at 8:33 AM, Juiceharp Jen said:

Fir the most part, this thread is not respectful

I get what you're saying, but compared to what I (and probably most of us) really think, it's very respectful.  Pretty much everyone is focusing their comments on how they'd react and dancing around the non binary person themselves.  It's not disrespectful in and of itself to say you don't cotton to one form of tom foolery or another. This is just another form of tom foolery that some folks wont cotton to. 

Archived