SASS Wire Forum

It was self defense

Raylan

Still kind of shook up, had to use my new cowboy pistol to kill in self defense. It all happened so suddenly and unexpectedly. I look over and there is a large spider and I grab the pistol and brought the butt down on the spider. But I didn't stun him, no I smushed him. It's a hell of a thing, killing a bug. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have. Called an attorney and making a statement to the Peta police now.

After dry firing up the stairs to bed

I spied a spider on the wall next to my head

Lifting my pistol I smashed it dead. 

Allie Mo - If a spider were to see me naked in the shower, I'm sure that alone would kill him dead. :lol:

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Geez, Raylan! I killed a spider that saw me naked in the shower last night and it only took a Kleenex to finish him/her off.

He must have been surprize by what he was seeing....Are you sure he was not trying to get away....Maybe he got frighten and was leaving fast....

Texas Lizard

It's fall.
They're coming in.
Right now the Yankee North (I'm halfway between the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Cedar Point, just south of the soggy south shore of Lake Erie) is experiencing a heat wave, but temps are supposed to drop in the not too distant.
When that happens, expect an influx of critters, including pill bugs and spiders.
I've been haunting the basement, setting up a step ladder, peering and squinting at gaps of light anywhere I can find them so I can fill with either silicone caulk or that expanding foam stuff.  Stops drafts, in addition to spiders!

Went in to the backup garage to get the pickup out the other day and noticed a web by the door. Obviously a Widow web and then I see the large black legs sticking out from behind a stud. Quickly I grab the bug spray, one of those that have the electric spray and squeeze. Plenty of electric noise but no juice. Find  a sprayer that operates manually and douse the area then poke behind the stud to make sure it's dead - it was a BIG Black Widow!

Funny you should mention this. Two nights ago I saw a saw a mosquito in my bedroom, and it stayed up near the ceiling too high up to reach up and smash it. My solution? I grabbed my Daisy pump-up air rifle, cranked it up to 12 pumps (after making sure it was unloaded), got the muzzle close to that little bugger and blasted him to kingdom come.

I

facebook_1570042848626_42686412595955.jpg

Archived