SASS Wire Forum

WTS 1860 Henry Uberti Carrier block for .45 Cowboy or .44 Russian

I have an Uberti 1860 Henry carrier block that has been modified to take short rounds with the side set screw.  I used it Civil War reenacting to feed heavily crimped 38-40 made into blanks in either a 45 or 44-40 Henry.  It would work on short .44 Russian or .45 Cowboy I'll do $60 shipped, PRICE NOW $50 since a new, unmodified carrier block is $60 plus shipping from VTI.  I gave $75 plus shipping 10 or 12 years ago.  Pics to follow
Modify message

PM Sent .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Out of curiosity, would a Henry in 44-40, with that carrier, be able to chamber and fire 44 Russian?

I was just on the verge of asking the same thing. A 1860 44-40 Trapper(16 1/2") is on my radar ;)

It's not a case of "Could You" as much as it is "Should You."  Blow-By is going to be horrendous.  You're going to over expand and split a bunch of cases.  With a 44-40 the only way to do it right is to cut out and sleeve the camber down to either 44 Special or 44 Russian.  Just firing 44 Russian in a 44-40 chamber is bad Juju.

24 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

It's not a case of "Could You" as much as it is "Should You."  Blow-By is going to be horrendous.  You're going to over expand and split a bunch of cases.  With a 44-40 the only way to do it right is to cut out and sleeve the camber down to either 44 Special or 44 Russian.  Just firing 44 Russian in a 44-40 chamber is bad Juju.

Thanks. That's kind of where my thought process was, but I asked because I've heard (maybe from you) that a Henry in 44 special is rarer than Hen's teeth, so who and why would someone make a 44 Russian carrier for a Henry?

Archived