SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuolumne Lawman 6127

WTS 1860 Henry Uberti Carrier block for .45 Cowboy or .44 Russian

I have an Uberti 1860 Henry carrier block that has been modified to take short rounds with the side set screw.  I used it Civil War reenacting to feed heavily crimped 38-40 made into blanks in either a 45 or 44-40 Henry.  It would work on short .44 Russian or .45 Cowboy I'll do $60 shipped, PRICE NOW $50 since a new, unmodified carrier block is $60 plus shipping from VTI.  I gave $75 plus shipping 10 or 12 years ago.  Pics to follow
Modify message

BTT  Someone must need this!

My 45 Henry held 14 of the 200 to 230s, and 15 of the 180s!

PM Sent .

Pictures sent.  Here are the pics for the rest of the crowd.  It needs Brasso, LOL!

m7hIEmm.jpg

Nhusgz4.jpg

f734rCj.jpg

BTT still available.  Great for making a 15 shooter with 45 Cowboy  shorts

Would it fit a '73?

No, Uberti 1860 only.  There is no cut out in the side for the loading gate.

Price reduced to $50

BTT still available

Does this require any modification to the rifle? I am specifically asking about a Uberti Henry now chambered in 44-40. Thanks. -- FCT

Out of curiosity, would a Henry in 44-40, with that carrier, be able to chamber and fire 44 Russian?

6 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Out of curiosity, would a Henry in 44-40, with that carrier, be able to chamber and fire 44 Russian?

I was just on the verge of asking the same thing. A 1860 44-40 Trapper(16 1/2") is on my radar ;)

It's not a case of "Could You" as much as it is "Should You."  Blow-By is going to be horrendous.  You're going to over expand and split a bunch of cases.  With a 44-40 the only way to do it right is to cut out and sleeve the camber down to either 44 Special or 44 Russian.  Just firing 44 Russian in a 44-40 chamber is bad Juju.

24 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

It's not a case of "Could You" as much as it is "Should You."  Blow-By is going to be horrendous.  You're going to over expand and split a bunch of cases.  With a 44-40 the only way to do it right is to cut out and sleeve the camber down to either 44 Special or 44 Russian.  Just firing 44 Russian in a 44-40 chamber is bad Juju.

Thanks. That's kind of where my thought process was, but I asked because I've heard (maybe from you) that a Henry in 44 special is rarer than Hen's teeth, so who and why would someone make a 44 Russian carrier for a Henry?

That I know of > > > >  they don't.  Someone will however, copy the cartridge stop used in a 45 Colt rifle to permit using a Cowboy 45 Special case.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.