SASS Wire Forum

favorite suppliers for coated bullets?

heckofagator

Scarlett

Badman

Missouri

Chey Cast

in that order. 

But I hear that Deuce is also selling coated bullets now. Have to give them a try this winter.  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditto on Bushy Blonco's recommendation on Bear Creek Bullets. Bear Creek owner - Steve  - is a great guy to work with and his bullets are very reliable and feed super well, especially in rifles where bullets feed from angled lifters like '92s and Lightnings.

RR

I use SNS as they are close and I can drive over to pick them up.

That being said I have used SNS, Scarlet and Chey-cast.

All quality bullets, but Scarlett does give the best hugs!

If you buy Scarlett's bullets at a match she's at, she will save you the shipping, Just make sure she's there when you pick up your bullets, If Tommy ,her husband,is there, he wants a little "Sugah" with his hugs.:o:blink::D

22 hours ago, Bushy Blonco said:

https://www.bearcreeksupplybullets.com/aboutourbullets

ship for free if you order over $130 of bullets. 

that's a pretty nice deal there.   Definitely book marking all of the companies mentioned here but free shipping def gets my attention.  A couple of 500 ct boxes and there ya go

CheyCast offers free shipping on orders of 2,000+ bullets and frequently has 5% discounts.  I buy from those who deliver to matches I shoot so shipping costs are not a concern. 

5 minutes ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

So far only 82% of all bullet manufacturers have been mentioned. Can we make it 92%.:) 

We probably haven't named 25% of the cast bullet makers out there.  I can think of at least a dozen that haven't been named yet that all make excellent quality bullets.

8 hours ago, Bull Skinner said:

I heard a rumor that Lead Ringer is out of the business. Anybody confirm or debunk this ?

Debunked, I e-mailed him today an got a reply. Seems he closed his web page and is only on Facebook which I don't belong to. Just give him a call. He also offers free shipping last I knew over a certain amount. Great packaging too.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Local-Business/Ringers-Bullets-497171750471555/

Phone: 270-331-2386

leadringer@gmail.com

I found him on Facebook and placed a custom order with him.
I wanted 0.358, 105 grains, LTCFP, Hi-Tek and BHN=9.
He required a minimum order, which I was more than happy to meet.

Yes, my postman hates me again.
Two flat-rate boxes, packed full.
The bullet quality and consistency is wonderful.
Seated depth is 0.238", overall is 0.523".

I will definitely buy from Ringer again.

On 10/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, KingSnake said:

I use "B's Bullets" out of Chino Valley Arizona.

Good quality hi-tek coated bullets from a local Cowboy/Wild Bunch shooter and good friend, The Butcher.

+1 for that!!

You get free shipping too ... He opens his car door and they fall right out!! :lol:

Most of mine come from Missouri Bullet Co, in the "bundle" configuration. 2000 or 3000 in a flat rate box.  Much to the chagrin of my mail carrier. I have ordered 160g .45 bullets from Red River since Missouri doesn't offer that one.  Don't know what the BHN is for the Red River bullets, but the Missouri bullets are BHN 12. No leading after hundreds of rounds...

On 10/1/2019 at 11:52 AM, Shooting Bull said:

When I order online I use Missouri Bullets.  Fantastic bullets and fantastic service. 

Same for me.

I have been using Bear Creek bullets for about 15 years, good quality and fair price, the price includeds shipping if you spend $130.00 or more. I have loaded the .223 the 30-30 45-70 . 32 38-357 45lc 45acp 40 s&w  9mm and 41 mag all shoot great and no lead problems ever not even in the .223 or 30-30.

On 10/1/2019 at 11:00 AM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

I totally agree.  I've use thousands of Patrick Reagan's (Badman) coated bullets in more than a dozen different calibers.  They're always consistent, precise, fairly priced, and most calibers are offered in a whole array of different weights.  They come very well packaged.  AND price includes shipping-or it has in the past.   I really hate to put that out right now, because I don't want him to run out of .38 105s or 130s before I reorder.    He's an excellent and totally honest vendor.  

On 10/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Scarlett Darlin', of course. She's in So Carolina.

https://bulletsbyscarlett.com

And if ya get em in person, ya get a hug too!

She's a sweetheart

You get a Raincheck for a Free Hug with Purchase if you order online! :wub:

BF7809DE-516D-4157-BEC2-7DF189075331.jpeg

I recently received an announcement from Penn Bullets that they have purchased the equipment and supplies and will be offering coating as an option on all their bullets. I use them for bullets or sizing I don't find elsewhere. They provide my 357 rifle bullet that feeds reliably in my Lightning, but I usually get my 38s for the pistols from Scarlett and am very happy with them (and the hugs).

On 10/1/2019 at 6:03 PM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

I'm a Cimarron fan.  Colorado Jackson will deliver to most any match he attends, especially locals around Dallas area..

If you order a certain number he ships for free as well. I like his bullets. I also included a spreadsheet with the names of most of the suppliers with their contact info.

TM

857465424_38withCleanShot.jpg.e92b21a407204dac8e785bb896383066.jpg2042830828_38Cleanshot.thumb.jpg.457cb723f488bfd0233e4e0488ba6075.jpgPoly Coated Bullets - SASS.xlsx

On 10/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Scarlett Darlin', of course. She's in So Carolina.

https://bulletsbyscarlett.com

And if ya get em in person, ya get a hug too!

She's a sweetheart

+10000000000

On 10/8/2019 at 10:07 PM, Sgt. John Campbell, SASS #58165 said:

I like to give my business to LPL Bullets, operated by our own Loco Poco Lobo, and Nawlins Kid.

+1,  LPLBullets.com

Archived