SASS Wire Forum

Help Hardpan Paint the House~!

Naw... ain't solicitin' donations or setting up a Tom Sawyer event.  frustrated-or-sticking-tongue-out.gif

But it's time to paint the cottage, and I'm lookin' for suggestions!

The picture below was Springtime, 2011.  Color rendition isn't that great, but the exterior siding is a beige color, trim is a dark green, the lattice white, and the roof is a grey-green. 

Trying to decide if I want to stick with the scheme (there is an issue, explained below), or go for a "new look."

Considered mebbe a pewter grey, light blue, or even a pale to medium yellow - perhaps with white trim.

The "issue" is the trim - I kinda like the dark green, but in these parts dark colors are subject to significant sun damage.  The house faces west, and I've had to replace or repair the window frames on the front of the house.

Thoughts?   :)

image.png.cd924eba059c3fc8c689ee49ce67b4c4.png

Go to you commercial paint store 

they have paint sample cards of usually three colors that go together

Buy good quality paint 

I choked on the price of some trim paint but you aren't buying that much trim paint 

I went with the best ( highest priced) paint and was glad it lasts at least 10 years out in the Phoenix Az sun

My thoughts are paint it once at age seventy and you will pay some else to paint at age eighty

I vote for something subtle and understated, like a combination of safety vest green, yellow & orange

Hot area with a dark gray roof. 

I would go  with a bright white on the walls with a burnt red or burgundy trim. I would make the lattice work bright white as well with the red or burgundy on the porch roof support. 

I would also ditch the big gnome...:P

Archived