SASS Wire Forum

Your most expensive pocket knife

Alpo

Going off on a small tangent from the pocket knife thread.

This is my most expensive one.

325695711_1400-dollarknife.thumb.jpg.b737e53dd8384328ee16ebfcdff996ca.jpg

Fourteen hundred and change.

I was sighting in a rifle, using my car roof as a bench, and my knife's screwdriver to adjust the scope.

When I returned home I discovered I did not have my knife, and realized I must have left it on the roof of the car. I went and hauled butt back out to my makeshift range, as it was getting late and I wish to get there before dark, so I could find my knife.

The car coming down the twisty one lane road did not have their lights on.

1086593815_Myfirstwreck2.thumb.jpg.ec7febdeadb279032056b405e8ba25d8.jpg

$1385 damage, plus the tow, plus the ticket (the other driver lived in that small municipality and I lived in another town, so even though she did not have her lights on in the dark, I was at fault).

Got a friend to drive me up there the next day, and found my knife. Good thing. Cost me too damn much money to lose.

I carry an automatic Benchmade that cost about $150 back in 2004 and that was with a dealer discount.

I was at a country quick mart one evening when a feller walked in and stated that needed a new headlight for his pick-up and he was happy about it. It seems he was driving home and hit a 4 point buck. All it did was bust his headlight. He said that was the cheapest deer he had ever killed. :)

Archived