SASS Wire Forum

Scaring the crap out of yuppies

oak creek martin

Scaring the crap out of yuppies

My daughter works in a very high end architectural firm as a office manager. She explained to me that the company asked her to find a community service project for the office to do this fall. My daughter came up with a bunch of different options. The company rejected All of the options because they were not related to the field in which they deal with i.e. construction. 

She did some more research and came up with an opportunity to help out at a urban farm,  you know one of those places that they have in the inner city to try and help city folks understand what really happens in the country on a real farm. They said yes that would be fine. They started questioning her at the office on what kind of items that they would be doing as their work projects. She said she wasn’t sure but since it was a farm even though urban and it’s fall time she thought that there would be weeds to pull up gardens to clean out some fertilizing possibly stocking feed and hay and straw for the winter for the animals things like that. you know real farm things.  Being the Ornery smart ass that I am I said you should tell them that you’re going to be inseminating cattle. In fact I suggested that she talk to friends of ours who are cattle ranchers and stop by and pick up a pair of those shoulderlength plastic gloves that they use in that process. So this morning in the office some of the people cornered her trying to find out what they were going to do how they needed to be dressed all of those kinds of things,without looking up from her computer while typing a letter she’s quite simply said we’re going to be inseminating Cattle and advise them to dress appropriately! She said at that time you could’ve heard a pin drop inside of the office the people just looked at her with this confused ,scared and slightly nauseous look on their face and asked what did you say. She said you know impregnating cattle artificial insemination rubber gloves up to your shoulder that kind of thing. She said she thought they were going to throw up on her desk then she started laughing. They all thought that it was a funny joke. She didn’t even get fired and no one called HR to make a complaint even though she did partially say the word semen as in insemination in an office setting. I guess were still safe here in this part of our world.  The good thing is that the cows at the ranch feel totally safe after they realized that they would not have architects elbow deep in their business trying to re-design cow sphincters to be more Aesthetically pleasing-you know architects can be!

She should have told them that they should be wearing sturdy leather boots, because they would be learning how to, and would be, collecting semen from the farm’s bull, and then inseminating the cows.   And, not to worry, since the bull is supposed to be pretty friendly.   :-0   :-)

9 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Maybe hand them a live chicken and tell them that's their supper.  Kill,  clean and cook it. :o

Back in '63 I was attending AFROTC summer camp at Richards-Gebaur AFB.  They were running a mini-survival school (in a grove of trees off the end of the runway.  They showed us how to set snares, etc., but because of the danger of diseased wild rabbits, provided us with LIVE "Easter bunnies" (domestic white rabbits cleared by the base veterinarians.  We were split up into four-man teams, and told to "prepare" our suppers.  While all four of us were "city boys", I had been on the livestock committee at my middle school, and learned how to dress a rabbit we had raised (when we couldn't sell them for pets!) for sale as meat.  So, guess who had to demonstrate how to dispatch and dress out a rabbit!  :o :rolleyes:  Not sure how much appetite the other three had...  The canned rattlesnake they gave us was okay...after you scraped off the thick sauce.  Tasted like chicken!^_^

Not really.....they were a phenomena of the early to mid ‘80’s.   That’s 35-40 years ago, now....a product of that economy and those times.  May see it again, come the next year or so.

Young, UPwardly” Mobile (yuppie) types (mostly male) with good, well paying, fast-track jobs, fixed on financial and material wealth.  They were generally so young they had little or no experience and had to be very smart or just mean, devious backstabbers to succeed.

Cat Brules

Archived