SASS Wire Forum

Land Of Wolves new Walt Longmyer Novel

Yul Lose

I’m about 2/3rds of the way through and it’s been pretty slow reading. He’s got some issues from his Mexico expedition to save his daughter. Anyone else reading it?

5 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Bought it the day it came out and finished it that weekend.

How did you like it?

It’s not one of his best, that’s for sure.

Downloaded it to my Kindle and finished it.    It may not be the best Longmire novel, but there are no bad Longmire novels.  I liked it and it a reasonable & logical follow up to what occurred in the last 2 novels.

7 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Downloaded it to my Kindle and finished it.    It may not be the best Longmire novel, but there are no bad Longmire novels.  I liked it and it a reasonable & logical follow up to what occurred in the last 2 novels.

It’s not that I didn’t like it but I had to trudge through it. Most of his past novels were real page turners, this one not so much, IMHO, of course.

I finished Land of Wolves this past weekend. I agree, it was not his best, but I still enjoyed it. However, I found Depth of Winter to be a painful slog. I think it was just too outlandish for me.

If I had to pick, Hell is Empty is my probably my favorite of the novels.

I guess I aught to say, "Howdy!" First post and all...

So, Howdy!

2 hours ago, Diabolical Dave said:

I finished Land of Wolves this past weekend. I agree, it was not his best, but I still enjoyed it. However, I found Depth of Winter to be a painful slog. I think it was just too outlandish for me.

If I had to pick, Hell is Empty is my probably my favorite of the novels.

I guess I aught to say, "Howdy!" First post and all...

So, Howdy!

Welcome to the fire. I agree with your take on Hell Is Empty, my favorite also. Land Of Wolves was just a pretty boring read for me.

14 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Welcome to the fire. I agree with your take on Hell Is Empty, my favorite also. Land Of Wolves was just a pretty boring read for me.

Thanks!

The interactions between Walt and Virgil in Hell is Empty really made the story I think.

I really hope his next one is as good as Hell is Empty.

Archived