SASS Wire Forum

2020 Nebraska State SASS Championships

StirrupTrouble

The Platte Valley Gunslingers have received word that we will be hosting both the 2020 Nebraska State SASS Championship and the 2020 Nebraska State SASS Blackpowder Championship. I was able to do some horse trading at the park to work out some more hospitable dates. The dates are as follows:

SASS Championship: July 16-18

SASS BP Championship: July 19

Info and entry forms may be found at: https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2020-nebraska-state-sass-championship-3/

We have some fun things planned for the shooters outside of the shooting

Tentative schedule is as follows:

Afternoon of July 16: Side matches and warmup stages

July 17: 6 main match stages with a potluck and poker tournament in the evening

July 18: Last 6 main match stages with the banquet help in the middle of the 1890s railroad town at Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer with all awards

July 19; 7 stage BP Championship

I have been able to work out a deal with the museum where all registered shooters will also receive a free day pass, so you will be able to tour the grounds and museum buildings in addition to the banquet. This is a fantastic historical museum that has received a number of awards.

Info on the banquet venue: https://www.stuhrmuseum.org/

We look forward to hosting new and old friends. Entry deadline is June 1, but we will be closing entries at 200 for the main match, and 100 for the blackpowder match. If we ht those numbers early, we will be forced to put you on a standby list

The Shooting Park where the match will be held has a 60-site RV park planned.  Will construction be complete before the match in 2020?

8 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

The Shooting Park where the match will be held has a 60-site RV park planned.  Will construction be complete before the match in 2020?

Not sure yet. I know they are pushing for it, but a bunch of the upgrade/maintenance money for the park got diverted when we had all the wind and storm damage. So they are looking into funding capabilities. If you want/need hookups, I would recommend calling the park to reserve. We have plenty of dry camping available, so not as big a worry there. Bear in mind they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays

That sounds like a lot of fun. We might try to make it!  It’s a long way from home... but, the cowboys are like family... so... it’s “home”!

Great big hugs!

Scarlett

10 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

That sounds like a lot of fun. We might try to make it!  It’s a long way from home... but, the cowboys are like family... so... it’s “home”!

Great big hugs!

Scarlett

We would love to have you!

Going to give it SERIOUS thought!!

10 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Going to give it SERIOUS thought!!

You won't regret it!  Ol' Stirrup and the Platte Valley Gunslingers put on a first class match!

I need to get my entry in, I'd hate to miss out when they sell out.

I forgot to mention....the theme for the main match is "A Tribute to Doc Holliday." Yes, I know that is a surprise for those that know me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to it!

Hornady has generously signed on as match sponsor again, and they are donating a lot of door prizes

Archived