SASS Wire Forum

Illinois State Championship - 2020

Misty Moonshine

UPDATE: 

The email below was sent to all IL Territorial Governors this morning: 

Dear Illinois Territorial Governors:

One of the applicants have withdrawn their application, so please disregard the voting link/process for the 2020 IL State Championship.

The applicant that withdrew, Cowboy Carty, had applied to host the IL State in IN at Paradise Pass- as they have done in the past for several years when there was no applicant/venue in IL. The motivation behind the application was to bring shooters together and ensure an IL state championship would continue. It was never the intention of the applicant- or the host range (Paradise Pass, IN) to cause a division amongst the members affected. On behalf of SASS, we applaud their efforts and true intention to continue to support IL shooters- and we implore all IL clubs and SASS members to view their intent as such- with gratitude.

Once the second applicant came forward- albeit after the deadline- the original intent of Cowboy Carty/Paradise Pass’ application got lost in the mayhem and they felt they were not able (or allowed) to steer the process. After a conversation with Cowboy Carty, I assured him that he could, in fact, withdraw the application. So, they have. If the situation resulted in any feeling of a “line in the sand”… it’s time to remove it. To quote Cowboy Carty, “We are stronger together.” Hats off to Cowboy Carty and Paradise Pass for making this move.

As such, the remaining applicant, The Midwest Gunslingers, will be awarded the 2020 IL State Championship.

Respectfully,

Misty D. Miller

aka Misty Moonshine

SASS #83232 Patron Life

Chief Executive Officer

The Single Action Shooting Society

215 Cowboy Way

Edgewood, NM 87015

505.843.1320 Office

877.770.8687 Fax

www.sassnet.com

All:

While I would prefer not to engage situations like this on the wire forum, due to the responses to several threads regarding this topic, I felt it suitable to post some information. I've spent the morning speaking with our Club Administrator, Ruby Ruthless- as well as the rest of the Wild Bunch. For future reference, the only real way to rally for official action is directly through the SASS office- not the wire forum.  We find it truly disheartening that the discussion turned to SASS-bashing so quickly.. and in the same breath(s) refer to the Cowboy Way. 

As such, I have hidden both of the threads on the topic. I am also posting this reply as locked. 

The facts: 

- The deadline to submit an application to host a SASS Sanctioned match for 2020 was September 1, 2019. The applications and subsequent deadline have been posted on the website and available since January 2019. SASS does not offer extensions- this was clearly a miscommunication. The September 1 deadline provides SASS with the time to resolve any double applications (send to a TG Vote) and assemble our budget and planning for our upcoming fiscal year for Sanctioning costs. (SASS' fiscal year runs Oct. - Sept.)

- Late last week, SASS received an application to host the 2020 Championship from another Illinois Shooter. The match was applied for to be hosted/organized by Illinois shooters, held in Paradise Pass, IN. (Paradise Pass had stepped up for several years and hosted the IL state in the past). 

- Because no other application had been received for IL- at about a month past the deadline, the application to hold the match at Paradise Pass was approved.  (as is common in these scenarios)

- As of today, 9/30/19, no application has been received for 2020 from Billy the Avenger and the Sparta crew.

Resolution: 

In an attempt to resolve this situation, even though it is well past the deadline, SASS will be extending an offer in a direct communication to both parties that we will be sending the matter to a TG Vote. However, we cannot do this without an application from Billy the Avenger for 2020. Hopefully they will get it sent in as soon as possible so that we can let the TG Vote process get to work. 

Respectfully, 

Misty Moonshine

Chief Executive Officer 

and

Ruby Ruthless

SASS Club Administrator

Archived