SASS Wire Forum

Mistakes, Cowboy way

Ringer

Life and business are full of mistakes. My bad, your bad, both bad, and sometimes It just happens.

When it does, you step back, evaluate, apologize, and look for resolution.

There is no need to lock posts or delete posts explaining events. Yes, remove demeaning or derogatory individual posts.

I know SASS has control of the site but in the end their actions should reflect the Cowboy way.

There are other cowboy games but this is the one we chose to support. Not just with our money but literally with our blood, sweat, and sometimes tears.

I have made new and lasting friends that are like family and want to make many more.

Please SASS, Cowboy up and don't play Big Brother with us.

Ringer 48552 Life

On my way home from CaC

I missed a lot of the conversation about the match and the dispute, but regardless of the details, if a cowboy went to the trouble to host a state match and wanted to do it again I think he's earned the right to express himself on the issue as long as he keeps it civil. 

Yeah SASS owns the site, but who put in the work to make that match happen last year, who made money from the match and who didn't?

I saw the two threads about the match and I think it was a case of one person (I heard there was another; but did not see the posts. The word crude comes to mind there.) ruining it for everyone by condescending posts. Most of the opinions were just that and not rudely stated.

However, when one or more people won't let a matter be politely discussed, you are talking about constant watching of the thread by a Moderator.

It sounds like there was a miscommunication from the SASS office. Rather than let the speculation go, we should see an apology from them to the person/club who did not get the match. JMO

I believe that the proper way for this to be handled would have been to tell both clubs "Sorry, but the deadline has passed. Please watch for the applications for the 2021 match that will be available in January 2020." I see where SASS has now opened the process back up, pending arrival of an application from a second club, and will send it to the TG's for a vote. Again, rules are rules, whether it be at a shoot or in the awarding of sanctions, and should be followed and enforced.  JMHO

33 minutes ago, Ringer said:

I did not think I was nor did l intend to bash anyone or anything.

If it was so perceived I apologize.

I read all the posts before they got gone, and didn't say anything because I don't know if I'll be able to make the 2020 match. (although I'd like to shoot it!)   You didn't bash anyone, but other posts were "rude, crude, and socially unacceptable".   Some were arguing with each other, one was obviously inflammatory, and the whole thread was degenerating into SASS-bashing.  You and I are both involved on social media sites trying to get people to join SASS... and the bickering over something that should be handled with the SASS office, (and not in a flame war), was not a side of SASS that's conducive to recruiting new shooters.  I'm glad the threads are gone.

I really like the way Misty is handling this, reaching out even though no IL club has yet applied... and congratulate Cowboy Carty for stepping up when no one else had.  The ball's in Sparta's court.  

And maybe misty moonshine can take a resolution to a vote;

State championship match must be held in the State territorial boundaries, as defined and described by the U.S State Boundries office of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, for the sole purpose of declaring the official SASS state championship shooter, as defined by SASS Catagories, as promlogated in the SASS handbook as of the date of the said State championship match.  All State Champions must be bona fide residents, on the date of the match, of said State, to be declared "State Champion".   Wherein if a State championship match is held outside said State borders, said match will be declared "a club match", and all participants will be given a "P".

do I have a motion?

a second ?

call for discussion, hearing none, all in favor vote by saying "Eye"

all opposed, like sign....

hearing no opposition the "Eyes" carry - motion approved.

28 minutes ago, T-Square said:

And maybe misty moonshine can take a resolution to a vote;

State championship match must be held in the State territorial boundaries, as defined and described by the U.S State Boundries office of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, for the sole purpose of declaring the official SASS state championship shooter, as defined by SASS Catagories, as promlogated in the SASS handbook as of the date of the said State championship match.  All State Champions must be bona fide residents, on the date of the match, of said State, to be declared "State Champion".   Wherein if a State championship match is held outside said State borders, said match will be declared "a club match", and all participants will be given a "P".

do I have a motion?

a second ?

call for discussion, hearing none, all in favor vote by saying "Eye"

all opposed, like sign....

hearing no opposition the "Eyes" carry - motion approved.

Nay! ND/SD State shoot is held in Enderlin, ND. They simply award appropriate awards. 

sometimes feelings get hurt , i hope all find a way to get back into what we love , i have a couple friends im getting back to enderlin as they seemed to have lost their way a few years back - its one of my favorite places and would gladly call it my home club if my home was a bit closer , i love enderlin and as an out of state shooter enjoy that both ND and SD folks take the appropriate awards , they run a fantastic shoot 

Reminds me of the Honey War,  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_War

It was a fight over the border between Missouri and Iowa - a 9.5 mile strip of land that was claimed by both states.  It came to a head when Missouri sheriffs tried to collect taxes from folk who claimed to be in Iowa.  The Missouri tax collectors cut down bee trees to make up for the unpaid taxes.  This lead to local militants banding to start to go to battle.   The Supreme Court was brought in to decide the despues.  The whole drama lasted about 50 years. 

Ok.. continue on..  :unsure:

Archived