SASS Wire Forum

Best sound you ever heard?

Charlie Harley, #14153

Needing a little turn from the string of “worst” sounds and words...

What are the best sounds to your ears?  What makes you smile whenever it hits your auditory canal?

For me, it would be the sounds of my kids deep sleep breathing when I’d check on them at night.  They’re all adults with their own families now, but I still remember that slow rhythm when they were sound asleep. 

I also smile when hearing my wife’s deep breathing at night. Rest is good for all. 

For that matter, when Jack the Attack Lab lies down to rest, he always does a big exhale that makes his jowls flap. This is right before he goes to doggy dreamland. 

Yes, rest is good for all. 

My babies are 66 and 64 but a whispered Daddy still melts my soul.

Hmmm... 

Mrs. Doc saying "I do."

My oldest daughter's pleased laughter at discovering something new and exciting to her when she was a kid

My youngest daughter's joyful giggle when she was a kid.

Both will still occasionally let out such joyful sounds as adults, just not as often

My house full of my families laughter. My young son reading a story to his baby sister when they were in another room. Breeze through the pines when I'm sitting by the stream at the cabin. Rifle shot from one of my kids deer stands. My bride telling me she loves me. I could go on.

My wife laughing at one of my jokes.

Hearing my wife say “I love you”.

My daughter telling me she loves me when I give her a hug.

My dog Maddie’s tail thumping when I walk into the room.

And on another level...more mechanical level.

The sound the engine and transmission make when I crack the throttle on my Kawasaki. Makes me grin every time. 

Not in any particular order:

Trump wins electoral college.

Your daughters surgery was a success.

Isaac’s home from Iraq.

Yes, you can go to EOT this year.

7 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

The banging of a tail on the floor when Custer is asleep and dreaming makes me laugh. I just wonder what is making him so happy in his dreams.

You know you're doing something right when the dog's tail is that happy when they're asleep!

Uno telling me he loves me.

My cat and her "ppprrroooww" when I walk into the room.

The dog panting and grunting when I scratch her.

The hum of my sewing machines.

Best Ever? Hmmm....

That’s gonna take some cogitatin.

Family sounds when the kids and grandkids are all at our house.

The clang when my 500 grain bullet from my sharps hits the target at a 1000 yards.

The answering bugle from a bull elk on a frosty cold morning.      SCJ

Placing to one side the voice of my beautiful wife...I love the sound of the right set of pipes on a Harley, the sound of our Dogs when they are playing & they don't know your watching, the hundreds of parrots that live in our area.. the sound of my footsteps which means I'm still above ground  !...there are so many 'sounds that bring a smile to my face..........

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Daughter's cry when she was born.

Ditto, twice, plus three grandkids! :D    Two days after 9/11, when the skies were empty of all other aircraft, the sound of a pair of ANG F-16's, flying in a combat spread, flying low over my house, so low you could almost read the lettering on their AIM-9M's! 

Several - Wife saying "I DO" at wedding;   Kids (3) and grand kids (2) saying their oaths while being sworn in the Military and Police Force.  Waiting to hear "new great grandson has arrived" in a year or two.

STL Suomi

Archived