SASS Wire Forum

Wanted: holster rig

heckofagator

Just getting started and having a hard time deciding on a holster setup, so I thought id check here, too.

waist is 36 and i think I’d prefer dual strong side.  Need something to fit the 4.62” vaqueros.

would prefer something of quality and not some cheap set from Mexico or China (no offense).  I think i also like the cartridge loops 38/357.

just curious whats put there before deciding on something new.

thanks!

I have three holster rigs.  One black with shot gun belt by Brown out of Tombstone, a Duke rig by El Paso Saddlery, and a carved set by unknown maker.

All fit new model vaqueros and the black rig works well with either. 2015 Tina Loyd(1).PDF2015 Tina Loyd(1).PDF2015 Tina Loyd(1).PDF

IMG_3816.JPG

2015 Tina Loyd.PDF

10 hours ago, heckofagator said:

Just getting started and having a hard time deciding on a holster setup, so I thought id check here, too.

waist is 36 and i think I’d prefer dual strong side.  Need something to fit the 4.62” vaqueros.

would prefer something of quality and not some cheap set from Mexico or China (no offense).  I think i also like the cartridge loops 38/357.

just curious whats put there before deciding on something new.

thanks!

Where are you located, where do you shoot?

Not knowing what you want, I'd recommend trying some different holsters before you buy.

If you let the match director know they can usually arrange for some spare gear to borrow and try.

And don't be afraid to ask around of your local shooters.  I don't carry them to matches unless someone specifically asks, but I've got three spare holster belts with holsters and shotgun belts (plus a bandoleer) at the house that I've retired.  Nothing wrong with them, but I didn't try before I bought.

10 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

Where are you located, where do you shoot?

Not knowing what you want, I'd recommend trying some different holsters before you buy.

If you let the match director know they can usually arrange for some spare gear to borrow and try.

that's a good idea, especially before plunking down $300+ on a set you find doesn't work as well as you think.

In the Tampa area and plan to shoot at Wyoming Antelope Club in Clearwater.  I'll see about contacting someone from the group and see what anyone might have.

Archived