SASS Wire Forum

Value/Info on Ruger New Vaquero 7 1/2" SS

Dwayne63

I have a Ruger New Vaquero in 7 1/2" barrel and SS finish that i just can`t find much info about it. Joined 2 Ruger forums and 0. Through Ruger found out the gun was shipped in 2007 and that was it. The Antique/Used Gun Manager at Bass Pro Shops gave me a estimate of what it could be worth but I don`t believe it. Thanks for any help. 

What do you think it’s worth?

What did Bass Pro say?

What’s it chambered?

How many rounds through it?

What’s the finish look like?

How are the stocks?

Is is factory stock or all “slickified”?

By the way, I don’t know about Bass Pro but I have a few very inappropriate for here colorful expletives for Cabela’s Gun Library and Since that sonofab...Johnny “Jackass” Morris owns Bass Pro and now Cabela’s they are one and the same.

Cabela’s used to give a fair price on used firearms then the jackass event occurred. Now Cabela’s, and probably Bass Pro;

- Takes your gun and evaluates it.

- Looks it up in the Blue Book and picks the lowest value.

- Knocks 30% off that value.

- Determines If will sell well. If not they add 10% to the 30% knock off

AND THAT IS WHAT THEY OFFER YOU FOR YOUR GUN.

They will deny it but I had one manager tell me that is what they do and one acknowledge it when I talked with him in his office.

I`m sorry. caliber is 45LC. It is original as it came out of the box. Factory grips, etc. I would guess this gun has only been shot once or twice. There is not a mark on it. The manager at BPS told me it could go for $1200 which is the hard part to swallow.

IMAG0135.jpg

When the 7 1/2" barrel length was discontinued in 2010, dealers were closing them out for as little as $399, blue and stainless both. I bought 3 from Sportsman's Warehouse for $428.67 ea.

It might bring a slight premium over a new 4 5/8" or 5 1/2" to the right person, but I'd think $700ish would be about top end for a new-in-box example.

Where the OP will get into trouble is trying to buy for a cheap price, a "collector" piece that is out of production.
Supply and demand will regulate the price.

Ruger discontinued the Single-Six Bisley 22LR #0680, and this drove the price up.
They were plentiful for awhile.
I got the last one from Bud's and the last one from TSS Warehouse.
Both web sites hung the "out of stock" sign after my purchase went through.

As of this writing, they are apparently still discontinued.
I wanted a pair of these and had to pay the going price.

I also wanted a match for my existing OM Vaquero Bisley 357 stainless.
I found one on gun broker, and had to jump through a lot of hoops for that one.
Ruger made less than 4800 of these, total, so they were scarce.

Little over a year ago, I bought a stock pair of those with boxes and paperwork. Paid $1200 for the pair.

Archived