SASS Wire Forum

An Alpo-esque cop question

Coffee with cream. Hahaha

Suspect is a Male juvenile. Red shirt, mocha complexion. 

Espresso? Pumpkin latte? :lol::lol:

Movie. Ted Danson and Whoopie Goldberg. Whoopie had been artificially inseminated, and her daughter was curious and researched it. Turns out Ted was the donor.

End of the movie, Whoopie was in the hospital, and Ted and the daughter are both donating blood. The girl leaves and Ted goes in, and the young hip black intern who is about to draw the blood says, "Man, did you see that girl that just left? Um um ummm, coffee with just the right amount of cream."

Ted says, "You're talking about my daughter", which shut him up pretty quick.

I had never heard that description used. Around here we have black people, light skinned black people, and dark skinned black people.

Coffee with cream. :D

12 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

There’s Indian like on the reservations and there’s Indian like Southern Asia.

Understood, but in Arizona in the TPD system it would be an American Indian.

12 hours ago, Alpo said:

That would be a feather Indian or a dot Indian.

"Saturday Night Live" had a bit back in the 70s where someone asked "Is he a India Indian or a 'WooWoo' Indian?"

You got your EAST INDIAN - that would be like Gandhi.

You got your AMERICAN INDIAN - that would be like Tonto.

But we can't forget your WEST INDIAN - that would be like Sidney Poitier.

2 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

No way would I have ever used a clever colloquialism to describe any suspect's appearance.  Suspect is black, white, hispanic, asian, etc. and other modifiers like clothing description, direction of travel, etc.  

Imagine telling someone from another responding agency you’re looking for a #3 male. Confusion would reign. :D

On the subject of correct description

Longmire short story called OLD INDIAN TRICK. Walt is out of county, and had stopped at a roadside café just minutes after it had been robbed. Now a local deputy is there, taking his statement.

"You didn’t see anybody when you pulled in?”

“Nope.”

“No Indian male, approximately twenty-five years of age with a . . .”

“She didn’t say Indian. She said ‘dark hair with dark eyes.’”

He didn’t like being interrupted, and he liked being corrected even less. “Look, Mister . . .”

I made him look at the notebook for my name.

A tall, heavyset man entered the café; he wore a large silver-belly hat, a .357 revolver, and a star. He waved at the two behind the counter as I turned back to the deputy. “Wanda’s Crow. If she thought he was Indian, she’d have said so.”

I caught the eye of the woman with the hairnet. “Wanda, was the kid Indian?” After a brief conversation with the manager, they both shook their heads no.

Then the local sheriff chews the deputy's butt for writing what he thought the witness said, not what she said.

If in describing a potential suspect/perpetrator, WHY would a law enforcement agency succumb to PC rhetoric?  Why is “black” “a tad racist”, but “white” is not “a tad racist”?

Cat Brules

Archived