SASS Wire Forum

Airsoft

Trigger Mike

I read so much material, both on the glowing screen and in book and magazine form,  and watch so many vids, that I'll remember the gist and forget where I saw it ...
One vid involved a Japanese fellow who was really big into Airsoft back in Nippon; he'd never fired a cartridge gun in his life.

His trip here was sponsored, he was secured in a gunbelt with a Glock 19 and an AR hung over his shoulder: he was coached through his very first live fire, and then he ran a course.

This fellow had practiced long and hard, he'd competed, all with Airsoft, and this expertise, this muscle memory, translated one-to-one to skillful manipulation of real firearms.

Perro Del Diablo said it right: you get what you pay for.

G&G Armament

KRYTAC

just to name a couple of the more 'affordable and reliable'.

I have a G&G.   Velocity is about 350 fps, with a 14-15 rps.

The mag holds 450 'BB's and battery life is consistent for about 1000 shots.

And of course, batteries are rechargeable.

PRICE:   give or take, approx $200

I'm wanting one that will give 400+ fps with an 18-22 rps performance.

But cost is aprox $360 and up, so that particular toy will have to wait.

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I read so much material, both on the glowing screen and in book and magazine form,  and watch so many vids, that I'll remember the gist and forget where I saw it ...
One vid involved a Japanese fellow who was really big into Airsoft back in Nippon; he'd never fired a cartridge gun in his life.

His trip here was sponsored, he was secured in a gunbelt with a Glock 19 and an AR hung over his shoulder: he was coached through his very first live fire, and then he ran a course.

This fellow had practiced long and hard, he'd competed, all with Airsoft, and this expertise, this muscle memory, translated one-to-one to skillful manipulation of real firearms.

Perro Del Diablo said it right: you get what you pay for.

I saw that on AR15.com.  There is a link to a YouTube video

Yes there are some pretty crappy brands out there. Tokyo Marui makes a really nice Airsoft Thompson that many places sell online, but I found what I thought was a rebranded one at a Big 5 Sporting Goods for less money. It stopped working on the second use and then the pot metal receiver broke in two while I was trying to find a way to fix it. Turns out it was an identical but cheap Chinese-made copy of the Japanese brand which actually uses an aluminum receiver. My suggestion is to buy from dedicated Airsoft vendors and stay away from the cheap toys sold at the local chain store.

Archived