SASS Wire Forum

Body Armor

Alpo

The external stuff, with the ceramic plates, like soldiers and SWATs wear.

Does it come in different sizes, or is there just one, but its harness is EXTREMELY adjustable?

Cop story, and in the trunk of the cop car were various things. Couple of blankets, couple sets of coveralls (I'd never thought of this one. Say it's night time, and a house fire, and occupants run out wearing little or nothing. Set of coveralls in the trunk of the cop car gave 'em something to put on), first aid kit, road flares, AR-15, and a set of the ceramic body armor.

This department, unlike Reed and Malloy, didn't have you driving the same car everyday. And I thought today officer John Wayne is driving, and tomorrow officer Sammy Davis has that car. Does not seem likely the same body armor would fit both of them.

If I remember correctly, we had to get measured for our body armor. But that was soft armor we wore under our shirts. Later we got the armor with the ceramic plates and I do not remember a size factor. Its been a while for moi, so I don't know about todays stuff. (Stuff is technical term I learned in police school)

The thing I always hope for regarding body armor is that I hear the wearer someday complain that they humped that crap around with them all the time and it never came in handy...

Body armor is issued to the individual officer. It comes in a variety of sizes. Military stuff is pretty much small. Medium and large.

Archived