SASS Wire Forum

New Popup topics on the Wire

Cypress Sam, SASS #10915

I don’t know who came up with the miniature pop ups for the Wire but they are unreadable for me.  Is there a way to disable them?

Problem solved!  It was an Apple software update problem.  Not SASS.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

I don’t know who came up with the miniature pop ups for the Wire but they are unreadable for me.  Is there a way to disable them?

I haven't been getting them.  It sounds like your equipment has experienced an invasion of some kind.  

52 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I haven't been getting them.  It sounds like your equipment has experienced an invasion of some kind.  

same here..... no pop ups.

..........Widder

It is not a virus. Most likely a browser update has changed a setting that allows websites to send you notifications when new content is posted. Many news website and forums send this information.  Here is how you can block them permanetly.

No, I don’t want your website to notify me — and I don’t want you to ever ask again

How to stop those annoying website notification prompts

If ya hold the cursor over the topic for a moment without clicking, a miniature popup lets you see the content. Worked that way for at least two yrs for me.

DC

If you're new to Windows 10, it allows a website to send you notifications of things like: someone quoted your post in a topic or someone reacted to your post in a topic.  Plus, if you're viewing a topic and there are new posts, it asks if you want to see them.

As Don Coyote described above, if you hold your cursor over a topic or someone's name, it'll give you a popup that describes the first few lines of the topic or a person's profile info. 

I think you can disable this feature, but don't ask me how.

Maybe I’m describing it wrong as pop ups.  What is happening is that when I click on a topic on the Wire to read the comments, a little box pops up with the comments in small font.  If I then tap the screen and close the box, and click on the topic again, the comments come up in a normal manner.

I am using an iPad and just upgraded to iPadOS 13.1.1 and it started happening after that.  Just wondering if others had a similar problem or maybe some crazy Apple setting that I did by mistake.

4 hours ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

Maybe I’m describing it wrong as pop ups.  What is happening is that when I click on a topic on the Wire to read the comments, a little box pops up with the comments in small font.  If I then tap the screen and close the box, and click on the topic again, the comments come up in a normal manner.

I am using an iPad and just upgraded to iPadOS 13.1.1 and it started happening after that.  Just wondering if others had a similar problem or maybe some crazy Apple setting that I did by mistake.

Mine did that for a few days last week and then stopped. I had just loaded the latest software update. It works as it should now.

OK Problem solved.  I had downloaded the latest Apple update but my iPad ran out of juice before it was fully installed.  After the install was completed everything seems like it is back to normal.  

Thanks Allie Moe and Yul for pointing me in the right direction.

Archived