SASS Wire Forum

Hello. My name is Matthew Duncan and I'm a....

Matthew Duncan

Been shooting this here CAS for 20 year.  Uberti pistols and '66 are stock.  Yup I once put a short stroke in the '66, shot a few matches with it before going back to oringinal.

I believe it started this spring when I rode down to Georgia to shoot the state match with the son.  Son had a unplanned obligation pop up on Saturday so he shot through on Friday.  "Dad", He said to me at the end of the day.  "Don't take this wrong but could you lighten the loads a bit?"  His hands were sore.  Well I always believed that 45s were meant to go "BOOM".  Shucks the concussion alone had the targets quivering.  Then we visited the venders and bought shotgun bore brushes and lever wraps for our rifles.

Back home a reloading.  I replaced the 250 grain bullets with 200 grain.  Tried the lighter loads at the next match.  Almost no recoil, son should like these so I reloaded a bunch for him.  Next time I'm down Georgia way I'll give them to him.

Right chamber on the SxS doesn't alway cooperate on shucking the empties.  Polished the chamber a bit.  This weekend is Wolff's Rowdy Rangers big two-day match so while I had the barrels off the SxS I hosed down both chambers with silicon spray.  Thought a thought, used a rag saturated with silicon to wipe down the front half of the shotgun shells I be a using this weekend.

Loading up Gray for this weekend.  I hesitated when reaching for the ammo, only for a brief second, before grabing the 200 grain light reloads.

Then it hit me.  Leather wrap on the rifle.  Lighter reloads.  Silicon prep on the SxS and shells with a bore brush in the cart.  It all happen without a conscious thought to do so....Hello.  My name is Matthew Duncan and I am a gamer.

So Sorry to hear this Matthew !!!

A good Father might light for his Son and all till the son was at least 15.....

But a Great Father wouldn't light load for himself ,,,,,

What's next lubing Shotshells ,,, Smokieless Powder ,,,, Short Strokes ,,, Oh the list of Sins on the Slippery Slope down to da pit ...

I hope this is only a short laps of good judgement ....

Jabez Cowboy

It's a slippery slope you're on. Pretty soon you'll be "borrowing" money from your savings account. You'll find yourself putting on dark clothes when the wife falls asleep to slip out the door and meet the neighborhood gunsmith on a street corner to buy the latest go fast parts under the moonlight. You'll start inching ever closer to the edge of the shooting table to get just a bit closer to the next position. You'll ask, do I have to put both hands on the window sill or can I just do one? Yep, its that bad.

It is time to practice.   Yes the P word for you are a gamer.  Don't you dare get them crotch draw holsters and keep you shotgun belt at least one thumb from your belly button or it goes beyond gaming.  Stay in your safety cone and you may now look at your firearms during SASS Defaullt.  Don't just shoot those mouse fart loads.  Explore, it is a big world out there.

4 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Yep, your a gamer. And we're both gonna get beat by a little girl tommorow. :D

No we will not...not if this rain continues!

12 hours ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

So are you saying on Sept. 27, 2019 Mathew Duncan came out of the closet?

Lets say I came out of the reloading room...

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

I say Hogwash.... no Gamer shoots 45. ;)

Nay, my good friend, for I am a gamer also.  45 Colt in rifle and when I deign to shoot suppository handguns... they're chambered for the 45 Colt also, but I shoot that ultimate big bore gamer C45S!  I download my ammo, have soft springs in my guns, look for the most efficient way to shoot a stage... place my guns "just so" on the stage...  then proceed to pounce on the stage like a lion on a gazelle...   (in my head)!  ;)

Go big or go home!  One need not shoot a mediocre, small caliber to be a gamer!

19 minutes ago, Griff said:

Nay, my good friend, for I am a gamer also.  45 Colt in rifle and when I deign to shoot suppository handguns... they're chambered for the 45 Colt also, but I shoot that ultimate big bore gamer C45S!  I download my ammo, have soft springs in my guns, look for the most efficient way to shoot a stage... place my guns "just so" on the stage...  then proceed to pounce on the stage like a lion on a gazelle...   (in my head)!  ;)

Go big or go home!  One need not shoot a mediocre, small caliber to be a gamer!

Oh, I feel so ashamed.... I'll dig my 45s out of the safe and look at them. :blush:

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Ahem! :blink:

If it's diameter is less than .360.... yep, small caliber!  :P :D

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, Matthew Duncan said:

Been shooting this here CAS for 20 year.  Uberti pistols and '66 are stock.  Yup I once put a short stroke in the '66, shot a few matches with it before going back to oringinal.

I believe it started this spring when I rode down to Georgia to shoot the state match with the son.  Son had a unplanned obligation pop up on Saturday so he shot through on Friday.  "Dad", He said to me at the end of the day.  "Don't take this wrong but could you lighten the loads a bit?"  His hands were sore.  Well I always believed that 45s were meant to go "BOOM".  Shucks the concussion alone had the targets quivering.  Then we visited the venders and bought shotgun bore brushes and lever wraps for our rifles.

Back home a reloading.  I replaced the 250 grain bullets with 200 grain.  Tried the lighter loads at the next match.  Almost no recoil, son should like these so I reloaded a bunch for him.  Next time I'm down Georgia way I'll give them to him.

Right chamber on the SxS doesn't alway cooperate on shucking the empties.  Polished the chamber a bit.  This weekend is Wolff's Rowdy Rangers big two-day match so while I had the barrels off the SxS I hosed down both chambers with silicon spray.  Thought a thought, used a rag saturated with silicon to wipe down the front half of the shotgun shells I be a using this weekend.

Loading up Gray for this weekend.  I hesitated when reaching for the ammo, only for a brief second, before grabing the 200 grain light reloads.

Then it hit me.  Leather wrap on the rifle.  Lighter reloads.  Silicon prep on the SxS and shells with a bore brush in the cart.  It all happen without a conscious thought to do so....Hello.  My name is Matthew Duncan and I am a gamer.

:(

:D

kR

Archived