SASS Wire Forum

SASS Mascot

Solomon Vaquero

Many years ago.... like back in the last century - he was oft referred to as "John Dwayne."  :rolleyes:  

Seems like there was a cartoon cowboy, riding a rocking horse? with one arm out to the side holding a rifle? and his other hand pulling the reins tight?

Something like that. Of course I can't find a picture of him.

But I thought HE was John Dwayne.

That feller with the double barrel and the knife in his boot - he's just "The Marshall".

The first item on the list is the original drawing of our beloved logo, the SASS Marshal. Created by Bill Hahn back in 1982, the priceless one-of-a-kind artwork will be cataloged, framed, and protected as will the original John Dwayne drawing and the originals of our many END of TRAIL posters.

SASS Museum News

5 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Is a logo the same as a mascot?

Nope. Mascots have to move. Logos jest get affixed to stuff, like guncarts, T shirts, whiskey bottles, aeroplanes. etc :lol:

19 hours ago, Alpo said:

Seems like there was a cartoon cowboy, riding a rocking horse? with one arm out to the side holding a rifle? and his other hand pulling the reins tight?

Something like that. Of course I can't find a picture of him.

But I thought HE was John Dwayne.

That feller with the double barrel and the knife in his boot - he's just "The Marshall".

Like this?

821B6F46-242D-4851-9B3F-F14C367D87CC.jpeg

C3AC3067-7CB9-4DBD-A378-0FDFDA6F19D0.jpeg

Archived