SASS Wire Forum

Marlins on Western TV shows

Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439

Remember seeing them on the Big Valley and Paladin’s “trapper”, short barreled Marlin. Oh and as for Movies, River of No Return has an 1873 and 1892 Winchester’s and a Marlin. 
What others have I missed?

29 minutes ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

The Naked Spur -  Jimmy Stewart.  There were others I can't remember.  I'd like to see an 1881 Marlin featured in one.

"Hell or High Water" (2016)

imfdb "Lever Action Rifles"

1 hour ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

You consider that a western? I can't call any movie a western, regardless of where and when it takes place, if there is a Glock anywhere in it

There was once a TV "Western" called, I think, "The Outlaws" that was about a group of friends from the old west who got struck by lightning and transported to the modern day.   In one episode of that, one of the guys was using a scoped Marlin 336 as a sniper rifle.

Kinda stretches the definition, but it sorta qualifies.

30 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

You consider that a western? I can't call any movie a western, regardless of where and when it takes place, if there is a Glock anywhere in it

It is the only film listed as having an 1881 Marlin in it.  :P

"...contemporary western crime film..."

None of the other firearms featured come close to being "cowboy" guns:

Howdy Mr. Fingers,

Two movies come to mind:

The Return to Bonanza where all the Cartwright offspring fight off the bad guys and one of the first Eastwood westerns where all the banditos sit around plotting mayhem inside their hideout.  One of the "look-outs" is holding a marlin.  :lol:

Mo

Archived