SASS Wire Forum

Ford Has A Better Idea

Subdeacon Joe

Howdy,

None at the moment but I have enjoyed owning several Fords.

Ive found them easy to fix, at least the older ones.

They are workn on self drivein cars, just in time for the baby boom gen

to need one.

Buy stock.

Best

CR

Friends don’t let friends drive Fords!!

One of my buds is a roughneck in Alaska.

He says Fords are what you see in the oil fields, because the others don't last.
Fords are what you see in the farm areas in the midwest.

My last Ford was a 1961 Econoline van, 144 cu.in. six and three on the tree.
My last Chevy was a new 1977 van that was flaking off paint as I drive it off the lot.
My last Dodge was a new 1983 4x4 with THE most uncomfortable bench seat and a clutch that died in less than 10k miles.

If was ever to buy a full size truck, and I won't be... it would be a Ford.
No diesels... here in CA, the required particulate filter is over $5,000 and the cat is $2,000.
The thieves steal these nightly right in the driveway or the street and the movie theater parking lots.
They nailed my daughter's 2005 Prius because her cat has the most $$ inside. 
$3,000 bill.

9 minutes ago, bgavin said:

One of my buds is a roughneck in Alaska.

He says Fords are what you see in the oil fields, because the others don't last.
Fords are what you see in the farm areas in the midwest.

My last Ford was a 1961 Econoline van, 144 cu.in. six and three on the tree.
My last Chevy was a new 1977 van that was flaking off paint as I drive it off the lot.
My last Dodge was a new 1983 4x4 with THE most uncomfortable bench seat and a clutch that died in less than 10k miles.

If was ever to buy a full size truck, and I won't be... it would be a Ford.
No diesels... here in CA, the required particulate filter is over $5,000 and the cat is $2,000.
The thieves steal these nightly right in the driveway or the street and the movie theater parking lots.
They nailed my daughter's 2005 Prius because her cat has the most $$ inside. 
$3,000 bill.

When we used to park our vehicles outside, before I built my shop, we had a couple of catalytic converters stolen and some head light assemblies. A couple of years ago I had my truck hooked up to a trailer and left it outside over night and two of the four catalytic converters were gone the next morning. That was about a $2,200.00 mistake.

I have owned plenty of Chevys and several Fords; loved them all! Specially the 64 Stingray and the 65 Mustang Convertible. Two 4x4 Chevy Suburbans, three Chevy 4X4 Blazers , and two Ford F150 4X4 pickups.  Also  a Chevy Z 28 Comaro and two Ford Edges. All good stuff.  Cheers   Hoss C.

I have owned 2 Ford trucks. A 73 F100 and a 94 F150. I also had an 84 Mazda B2000. Now I have an 02 Chevy S10 ZR2.

I have liked all of them for different reasons. 

Judging by prices today and my needs regarding trucks I may not buy another. Too damn many sensors, doodads and dumbassery in so-called trucks these days. 

Of course there is also a chance I may get another truck if a need arises, like; towing a camper, but I might just go with an SUV. Who knows.

I thought I was alone, is there any other brands of trucks because what I see are only wanna be Fords.

I learned how to drive on a Ford Falcon which I barely reach the pedals at the age 12.

In order to drive it alone almost have to hang myself from the wheel to see the road.

BTW my explorer 2003 has 197000 miles and run happily around the block yet.

Thanks Dad.

czhen

FL

Funniest thing about this thread is that the original post has nothing to do with trucks. :D:D

Amazing how that works,UB:rolleyes: Myself, learned to drive on a '62 Ford Fairlane 500, 170 C.I. six, three on the tree. Then after Mom had a cow about it, took driving lessons in a '64 Ford Galaxie XL with a 390, three on the tree. talk about a difference in ponies available!:huh::o:blush:

I've had 4 Fords, two Pintos, a hatchback with a 4 speed that was okay, a wagon that was a real pieces of garbage. A Gran Torino, that had problem after problem and an old beat up LTD, that was another piece of crap!

19 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I've had 4 Fords, two Pintos, a hatchback with a 4 speed that was okay, a wagon that was a real pieces of garbage. A Gran Torino, that had problem after problem and an old beat up LTD, that was another piece of crap!

Here’s the problem. Ford cars Suck! The trucks. on the other hand, are pretty darned good trucks.

I had a 68 Mustang. I loved that car...for about a week. That thing had a money detector in the driver’s seat. :angry:

That thing would break down for the exact amount of money I had in my wallet. I swear! I got so sick of that piece of crap I put it in the paper for sale for $900. $250 more than I paid for it. That damn car threw a rod the night the ad was called in to the paper. The next day a guy showed up and I gave him the keys for $300. 

I have had 33 vehicles registered in my name, including 1970 F-100, 1972 Pinto, 1981 Mustang, 2002 Mustang convertible, 1956 Fairlane, 2004 Focus, 2008 Taurus and nine Rangers.

Driving a Subaru Baja right now, but probably headed to a Ford again.

As far as Harrison Ford, how about the Ford Edsel (Bladerunner).  Never could stand that movie, too weird.

15 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Fords is for trucks. Not cars. They make crappy cars.

7 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I rented a Ford Ranger back in ‘91.

Now you ca rent anothrn. :D

Archived