SASS Wire Forum

Help with Marlin Lifter

Cypress Sam, SASS #10915

The washer that is braded onto the plunger on the lifter on my Marlin Cowboy sheared off.  Does anyone know of a source for a new plunger assembly?  There is not enough left to fit an e-ring onto the old plunger.

Yo-Ho Sam:  Try Slick McClade at (318)278-9071.

Pretty sure he can fix you up.  If not I do have some carriers that are fixed for the Marlin Jamb if need one.

Jackrabbit Joe

21 minutes ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

The washer that is braded onto the plunger on the lifter on my Marlin Cowboy sheared off.  Does anyone know of a source for a new plunger assembly?  There is not enough left to fit an e-ring onto the old plunger.

slickmagicguns.com has the replacement button kit.

Thanks for the help.  I can always depend on my friends on the wire for help.  I ordered a replacement kit from Slick.

The  factory replacement lifter won’t work because my gun has been short stroked.

25 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Firm believer in Murphy's Law...........:P

OLG

I always buy two if the price is not too high.  Postage is usually the same and I've been known to lose them right out of the package

I was educated on buying 2 years back.  I was playing being a farmer and had all used equipment. I would cut hay with a Ford 501 sickle mower. I kept breaking the hickory pitman arm.  And always when I was using it!  About the 4th run to the parts store the sales clerk gave me some valuable advice.  Buy two and hang one in the barn.  I did and never broke another.  The old mower is long gone.  I'll have to see if the extra pitman arm is still there. 

4 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I was educated on buying 2 years back.  I was playing being a farmer and had all used equipment. I would cut hay with a Ford 501 sickle mower. I kept breaking the hickory pitman arm.  And always when I was using it!  About the 4th run to the parts store the sales clerk gave me some valuable advice.  Buy two and hang one in the barn.  I did and never broke another.  The old mower is long gone.  I'll have to see if the extra pitman arm is still there. 

I knew a feller that did the same thing with his wife and a girlfriend.

He used his wife and let the girlfriend hang around in the barn.

NOW, they're both gone.

..........Widder

I used to have to cut hay with a one-mule-power sickle bar mower back when I was a kid.  I always hoped that the damn thing would disintegrate.  Never did though.  Finally my Dad got a Farmall Cub tractor with a sickle bar - much better.  

I didn’t need two of them though.

23 minutes ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

I used to have to cut hay with a one-mule-power sickle bar mower back when I was a kid.  I always hoped that the damn thing would disintegrate.  Never did though.  Finally my Dad got a Farmall Cub tractor with a sickle bar - much better.  

I didn’t need two of them though.

Was you living "off grid"?.:lol:

I wasn’t living off the grid.  Just back before there WAS a “grid”.  Florida back during and right after WWII wasn’t much like it is now, ‘specially out on the ranch where I was raised.

As a matter of fact, even now civilization pretty much ends about 10 miles south of here (Kissimmee) and doesn’t pick up again for a hundred miles.  If one considers Okeechobee City to be civilization.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

I wasn’t living off the grid.  Just back before there WAS a “grid”.  Florida back during and right after WWII wasn’t much like it is now, ‘specially out on the ranch where I was raised.

As a matter of fact, even now civilization pretty much ends about 10 miles south of here (Kissimmee) and doesn’t pick up again for a hundred miles.  If one considers Okeechobee City to be civilization.

you mean like in the middle of the big cyrpess swamp,,, ie Paradise Park,,,  25 miles east of punta gorda on 74    a mile from the red neck mud club?

heading that way next week,,,

53 minutes ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

I thought you lived in beautiful downtown Bermont, right where 31 crosses 74.

4 miles east of that,,,

Archived