SASS Wire Forum

Impossible Burger and Beyond Meet Factoid

Sedalia Dave

Well, my son reminds me that Riggs, of Lethal Weapon fame had a dog biscuit habit to help curb smoking.

I like a few things about this "meatless" burger...

-It allows the part-time activist full-time soccer mom (or dad) to drive their Prius (or more likely, their SUV) through a drive-through fast-food joint as a matter of convenience to give money to giant corporate juggernauts that generate LOTS of paper waste products. 

-It allows the faux-socially aware crowd to have a mostly vegetarian substitute that really stands out with its carbon footprint since these non-burgers use 95 percent less land and 74 percent less water, while creating 87 percent less greenhouse gas emissions than a beef option. 

**A small carbon footprint is critical when you are trying to smugly enjoy a "green" fast food option while sitting and waiting in line at the drive through while pumping exhaust fumes into the air so you can throw your burger wrapper in the recycle bin.

Eating a mostly vegetarian patty at your typical fast food joint certainly isnt done because you are oh-so-concerned about "good health"

...since your vegan burger is still prepared on the same grill that just had a layer of evil beef grease spread across its surface. 

Nothing like a dog-food patty warmed on a thin layer of juicy delicious burger grease. 

Especially if that patty is higher in saturated fat, sodium, and processed carbohydrate than a piece of dead animal flesh.

Only hypocritical, craven hippies eat make believe meat

Meat tastes like murder and murder tastes - delicious.

If being vegetable is so great, why do they try to imitate a meat patty?

The other day at a local deli as I was waiting for my breakfast sandwich I overheard a conversation between two wimmen about why they no longer eat beef even though they both said that they like eating beef. They no longer eat it because cows emit methane gas. I almost commented that they do too but I didn’t.

1 hour ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

If being vegetable is so great, why do they try to imitate a meat patty?

Some, for medical reasons,  are advised to stop eating meat,  things like this make it easier. 

So6, for religious reasons,  don't eat meat during certain periods of the year. When both prayerpower and willpower give out,  and a portabello burger won't do, these can quite the temptation. 

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Some, for medical reasons,  are advised to stop eating meat,  things like this make it easier. 

So6, for religious reasons,  don't eat meat during certain periods of the year. When both prayerpower and willpower give out,  and a portabello burger won't do, these can quite the temptation. 

For these people I don't really care, it's those that think that if they don't eat meat, or if they drive a hybrid, or whatever, that they're accomplishing something great, and are saving the planet.

Kind of like the celebutards that take their private jets to a global warming conference.

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

The other day at a local deli as I was waiting for my breakfast sandwich I overheard a conversation between two wimmen about why they no longer eat beef even though they both said that they like eating beef. They no longer eat it because cows emit methane gas. I almost commented that they do too but I didn’t.

Should have mentioned that if they ate more beef there would be fewer methane producing bovines warming up the planet. :D

I really don’t care what people eat, how they eat it or why they eat. I just don’t want to hear about it, be lectured about it or be criticized while I eat what I like to eat.

I have been to one too many social gatherings where smarmy idiots do nothing but blather about their food and my food...

I am no longer “sociable” in this regard. ;)

19 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Subdeacon, you are absolutely right!

My wife recently accidentally bought one for me on her way home from work.  She just thought it was a new big whopper like burger. I took one bite, she took one bite. Then it went in the trash and I went out for new burgers

Howdy,,

I had a turkey burger once. It was real good.

A couple weeks later I had another. Tasted terrible and I didn't eat it.

So there may be some differences in the preparation, even day to day.

Ive had steaks that were terrible too.

Best

CR

15 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,,

I had a turkey burger once. It was real good.

A couple weeks later I had another. Tasted terrible and I didn't eat it.

So there may be some differences in the preparation, even day to day.

Ive had steaks that were terrible too.

Best

CR

The worst steaks & roasts I ever ate were prepared by my great aunt who served beff & lamb the she & my great uncle raised on their ranch.  The problem was everything was well done. 

Archived