Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Father Kit Cool Gun Garth

Because tornadoes just aren't scary enough on their own..

Recommended Posts

The FIRE VORTEX! :o

 

2010144338_FireVortexPic.png.ea0b04ea0428347d2f07c44d637c00f2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.

Saw several.

Including a HORIZONTAL vortex that was happily gutting a house trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw one of those emanating from my own house when I was in 11th grade. Sad day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understanding the science behind them is cool, though. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoghxwETng

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_whirl

 

Calamity (Retired fire geek) Kris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are pretty awesome looking, so long as it's not your house or a friends. Sorry about your experience Pat. At that age it must of been quite traumatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sorry you had to experience that, Pat.  I'm sure that was quite traumatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never saw one in a structure, but there were several when I was working the woods of Oregon.   It doesn't matter where they are, they are still scary as can be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Is there a Game of Thrones dragon on the end of that funnel????

 

 

LL

Ah, see, now dragons. THAT would be cool...or HOT! Either way it would be a sight to behold. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

They are pretty awesome looking, so long as it's not your house or a friends. Sorry about your experience Pat. At that age it must of been quite traumatic.

 

4 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Very sorry you had to experience that, Pat.  I'm sure that was quite traumatic.

 

We moved around a lot when I was a kid. I thought we had finally settled down and the house caught fire. The landlord put a penny under one of the fuses for an electric stove. We lost nearly everything.

 

But, like Kris, I am also fascinated by fire and thermal dynamics. Fire has no bias. It’s purely a chemical reaction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

 

 

We moved around a lot when I was a kid. I thought we had finally settled down and the house caught fire. The landlord put a penny under one of the fuses for an electric stove. We lost nearly everything.

 

But, like Kris, I am also fascinated by fire and thermal dynamics. Fire has no bias. It’s purely a chemical reaction. 

Working in maintenance I saw a few dumb things done when fuses blew.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.