SASS Wire Forum

Cimmaron 1889 shotgun

James Henry Parker SASS#76661

They were a very good design, but the steel and quality control in manufacture was horrible. I didn't realize that Cimarron was selling them again.

Hopefully they have corrected the problems that they had when they were first brought in from Pakistan.

I would like to hear some feedback on the newer ones.

J M

My personal feeling about something like this shotgun discussion is that, before I became invested in one, I’d require some genuine information regarding any noted manufacturing issues and details of their resolution.  Otherwise, there’s no reason to believe that those problems don’t continue to be ongoing.  Plus, their country of origin is enough to prevent my buying one.

They 40 or 50 bucks cheaper than Stoeger which I checked one at the local Bass Pro last week end.

For the diff. I will take the Stoeger, found it well done shiny chambers more than acceptable wood, well balance weight, as well as blue finish.

I did not try the triggers though.

I will go for the Stoeger (have a SKB 100, I've changed my mind about converting to SASS) for 400 round bucks.

Might try to contact Deuce Stevens.

Seem to remember him working on some new imports and having really good results.

No first hand experience.

I tried a Yildiz (spelling?).  Got fed up with trying to get it working so sold it for a loss.

The current owner seems to have it running pretty good.

Archived