SASS Wire Forum

Way OT. MP3 players?

Charlie Harley, #14153

All my music is on CDs and I’d like to find a reasonable way to transfer them to an MP3 player so I can make playlists and take the tunes with me. 

Anybody have ave experience with a device and software they particularly like, or want to avoid?

Yes, I do.

I downloaded iTunes to the desk top, loaded ALL the CD's into it (it took 2 weekends and ended up being over 20gigs of memory) and then found an app that plays iTunes on my Android devices.  I use a program/app called Doubletwist (it goes on both devices) to load it onto the devices.

I make a playlist on the desk top and download it to the micro SD card that I use for added storage in the tablets or the phone. You can just download it to the device's internal memory, but I prefer to have it in add on memory. I did decide to put ALL of the music onto one of my tablets just as a back up so that I don't end up having to sit for 3 1/2 days feeding CD's into the computer again.  While I was at it, I loaded it onto a 32gig USB, too.

Sounds complicated.

I just copied my CD's into a folder on my hard drive, then later copied the albums onto an MP3 player when I got one.    

Works just fine.  Even audio books!  :)

Just buy some cheap flash memory thumb drives. I have one just for driving to matches and one for longer drives. Almost every truck that is newer than ten years old has a USB input that goes to your vehicles audio system. You can shuffle, play in order and most vehicles use voice recognition and tell the device what song you want to hear. 

I don't particularly care for iTunes as it's something that has to be downloaded, installed and constantly updated. 

I use the Microsoft media player that's already installed on Windows systems and save the CDs in the highest quality mp3 file possible. 

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

All my music is on CDs and I’d like to find a reasonable way to transfer them to an MP3 player so I can make playlists and take the tunes with me. 

Anybody have ave experience with a device and software they particularly like, or want to avoid?

If you want them in an MP-3 format you will need a software package to convert them. I use Goldwave. Nice thing about Goldwave it that if you pay the registration fee you can batch process multiple files at once. I use it to convert audio books to MP-3 format so that I can fit multiple books onto a thumbdrive. I can also split the large files into smaller ones that the entertainment system in my truck will play. 

Archived