SASS Wire Forum

TN State Rimfire Side Match info: important

Widder, SASS #59054

TN State is having a Rimfire Rifle Speed Side Match event on Thursday, along with other side match events.

In a recent email exchange with Whiskey Hayes, we discussed the issue concerning rimfire rifle rear sights.

Most, if not all, of our Rimfire rifles have a white diamond rear site.   For the Rimfire Rifle Speed Side

Match event ONLY,  the white diamond (or whatever the factory put on your rear site) will be allowed.

So, if your lever or pump rimfire rifle has a white diamond on the rear sight, you DO NOT have to remove it or

blacken it out for usage in this Side Match event.   This ONLY applies to the side match Rimfire Rifle Speed event.

And remember, if ya participate atleast once in the Rimfire Rifle Speed side match, you can be eligible to win

a brick (500 rounds) of CCI Blazer .22 ammo.

See everyone in a about 18 days.    YEEHAW!

..........Widder

46 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Them dang diamonds throw me off anyway. Seems like they're always skewed one way or the other.

Kinda line a Nanner Split:   With vanilla ice cream at both ends with chocolate poured over each end, with

caramel in the middle..... how do you know which end to start from?

..........Widder

We did this so folks won't have to mess with the sights on their favorite lever or pump .22.  So bring that go to pest control .22 and have a good time.  I agree TW is off but I don't think those white diamonds had anything to do with it.  I tend to think the delivery doctor dropped him on his head.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Kinda line a Nanner Split:   With vanilla ice cream at both ends with chocolate poured over each end, with

caramel in the middle..... how do you know which end to start from?

..........Widder

That's the good thing about it. Even if I start from the "wrong" side, I wont get a P!

On 9/24/2019 at 10:19 AM, Whiskey Hayes #41999 said:

We did this so folks won't have to mess with the sights on their favorite lever or pump .22.  So bring that go to pest control .22 and have a good time.  I agree TW is off but I don't think those white diamonds had anything to do with it.  I tend to think the delivery doctor dropped him on his head.

It wasn't so much a drop, as it was a slight roll and slide down. 

On 9/25/2019 at 11:50 PM, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

I wish I wasn’t so damn far away. Sounds like a great time. 

Smokestack ... you REALLY need to put this match on your list of matches. It’s so well run and in a BEAUTIFUL part of Tennessee!  Fabulous cowboys and interesting and fun stages. It is a long way but, when you have the time, it’s worth the trip! 

Big hugs!

Scarlett

On 9/25/2019 at 11:50 PM, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

I wish I wasn’t so damn far away. Sounds like a great time. 

Indeed, you would have a great time.   There are NO strangers at the TN State.

..........Widder

On 9/23/2019 at 12:34 PM, Tennessee williams said:

Them dang diamonds throw me off anyway. Seems like they're always skewed one way or the other.

See the problem your having is you look at the sites.    It's much faster to just close your eyes

10 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

See the problem your having is you look at the sites.    It's much faster to just close your eyes

This ^ is true.  

TN, the best way to hit the target is to close your eyes and think about the plate being a Nanner Split

and your pistols are the spoon..... :lol::lol:

CLEAN BOWL.......  I mean:  Clean Match!

..........Widder

5 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

If The Force is With You, You Don't Need No Stinkin' Sites! 

Randy

14 hours ago, Blue Eyed Drifter said:

Randy / Whiskey

Vix-n , The Pinkies, and I are Ready to go.  we Have been looking forward to Match all Year.  

I appreciate what y'all do and looking forward to seeing you again.

Randy

Archived