SASS Wire Forum

Goodbye summer

Rye Miles #13621

I’ll miss you summer, you were a little hot and humid but over all you were just fine. Until next year................:(

It's been hot as H*ll here the last few weeks. Ordinarily I would share your sentiments and may later on, but right now I'm not too sad to see this one go. It's been feeling a bit like fall in the mornings.

JHC

Ya know, I just went and looked at the 10 day forecast for where I lived in Oregon and then looked at the forecast for here in SoCal.

I am diggin’ this weather. :D

Gonna ride my motorcycle to work tomorrow. First time since the crash. It’s gonna be a nice day. ;)

39 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ya know, I just went and looked at the 10 day forecast for where I lived in Oregon and then looked at the forecast for here in SoCal.

I am diggin’ this weather. :D

Gonna ride my motorcycle to work tomorrow. First time since the crash. It’s gonna be a nice day. ;)

Enjoy and be careful 

I've always been able to put on enough clothes to stay warm!!

When I take off enough clothing to get cool, I'm always threatened with jail or fines!!

Gimme the late fall to early spring with some really cold weather in there somewhere so's the bugs ain't so intense in the spring and summer!!

Looking off the front verandah and the rear deck, I can see the leaves changing colour in the woods beside my place.

The geese are flocking and flying over my home. (No bombing practice yet:ph34r:)

Getting ready to put away the lawn mower and re-activate the snow blower.

Oh well. Another 6 weeks and it'll be deer season.

Summer is over, fall is here, but hurricane season is still in full swing! :angry:

December 1 can't come soon enough.

796071449_HuricaneDorian.thumb.png.ff31b2595896a7f3f467bc35cbcb2d37.png

Around mid May Truman Lake in Missouri hit flood stage which takes 36' above normal pool. The lake at flood stage has around 1,500 miles of shore line. A total of 5 large lakes feed into Truman 3 of which are in the State of Kansas. Today the lake is around 6' above normal pool. We have had a very wet spring and summer this year. We could not even put in boats while at flood stage since every boat ramp was way under water. Hope never to see this again.

Archived