SASS Wire Forum

New Shooter Question

Texas ShaDi

I am new to SASS and shooting period and was wondering if there is any private cli ic where i could go to to improve my skills? I would prefer for it to be in Texas or Louisianna. 

Look for matches where "Evil Roy" is offering one of his clinics.  You won't be sorry.  www.evilroy.com. How close are you to Dublin?

Evil Roy school was an incredible experience durning my first 4 months of cowboy action shooting.   Was worth every penny.

It helped me improve my game enough to start winning at the monthly matches and even the Indiana state match two weeks after ER school.

3GC

If you are completely new to shooting, then any shooting training class would be helpful to you.   I suggest first looking into approved NRA training classes in your area.  Things like basic safe arms handling, target acquisition, gun operation, trigger control, body position, and marksmanship can all be learned in a generic shooting training class.  With those basic skills under your gunbelt, you will have a much stronger start at CAS.   Most of those things wl come naturly to you with very little practice.  At the same time, join a local CAS club and begin watching, talking to the people, asking zillions of questions, and making mistakes, as a basis to learn.  Best of luck to you and welcome to our CAS world.   

Howdy Texas ShaDi!  

You're more than welcome to come shoot with us again and again at Muskeeta Flats in Lake Charles.  We'll be awful proud to keep assisting you in the learning curve.  This Saturday's shoot will  be a great one and since you're on our emailing list you'll get the scenarios ahead of time.

I sure hope you can make it.

Cordially,

Hellbender

Welcome. Go to YouTube and look at the Longhunter videos. Great videos really good information and he explains it very well. I enjoy watching them I’ve seen some of them 10 or 15 times. 

Hello Hellbender,

Thanks I definitely plan on coming back to Lake Charles to shoot. I still have yet to shoot a match there since it rained us out the last time I was able to make it. Lately I have been practicing at home as much as I can but shooting post it notes on the wall just ain't the same, lol.

Welcome. Go to YouTube and look at the Longhunter videos. Great videos really good information and he explains it very well. I enjoy watching them I’ve seen some of them 10 or 15 times. 

Your idea of a private coach will improve your skills and most important you will be practicing at a higher level.  I believe Matt Black is starting a shooting school in Oklahoma.  In Texas you have Oklahoma Dee and Evil Roy.   You are on the right track!

don't forget T-Bone,, his knowledge is extensive!! he's east of Paris by 45 minutes!!  

23 hours ago, Texas ShaDi said:

Hello Hellbender,

Thanks I definitely plan on coming back to Lake Charles to shoot. I still have yet to shoot a match there since it rained us out the last time I was able to make it. Lately I have been practicing at home as much as I can but shooting post it notes on the wall just ain't the same, lol.

I hope you can make it this weekend Texas ShaDi.  I heard that the day of the rain out, after I left to go work the gun show, you got a lot of help from those who stayed and I was glad to hear that!. As you can see in the scenarios, this weekend we'll be using the swinger as well as the sliding gator.  And it looks at least now that the weather will cooperate this time.

Hellbender

46 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

I hope you can make it this weekend Texas ShaDi.  I heard that the day of the rain out, after I left to go work the gun show, you got a lot of help from those who stayed and I was glad to hear that!. As you can see in the scenarios, this weekend we'll be using the swinger as well as the sliding gator.  And it looks at least now that the weather will cooperate this time.

Hellbender

It looks like a really interesting shoot. If I don't go visit my daughter I will be there.

The first thing you MUST learn is firearms safety!

Period

Becoming separately adept at shooting is secondary.

Period

Cat Brules

9 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Period

Becoming separately adept at shooting is secondary.

Period

Cat Brules

You forgot the second and third thing to learn:

2. Firearm safety

3. Firearm safety

Go have fun SAFELY!!

Archived