SASS Wire Forum

Double barrel shotgun

Barbwire Bill, SASS #661

I know SKB’s seem to be the best double people are using today but I remember Capt George doing an article on a new import shotgun that showed promise.  I can’t remember who made it but was wondering if it is proving to be a good choice for SASS.  Does anyone remember who makes it or know anything about it?  Thanks 

I believe Baylor's most recent article was on the Charles Daly 512t marketed by Chiappa USA,Turkish made.

I think he was talking about the Turkish Shotguns.

2 hours ago, Zona said:

I believe Baylor's most recent article was on the Charles Daly 512t marketed by Chiappa USA,Turkish made.

Yep ... the AKKAR Churchill 512 aka Charles Daly 512t ....

https://www.akkar.com.tr/churchill-512-hd-2-529

The article is in the April 2019 Chronicle ...

https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/19eChron/19aprilchron.pdf

I have a 512 Charles Daly. I think it is fair to say the jury is still out on this gun. I broke a firing pin after 30 rounds. Called and got replacement quickly and was told some of the first guns had poorly heat treated pins. I am happy the company backed up the product. The gun is nice and light, points well and when tuned for our sport does well. I truly hope it holds up as I do like the feel and operation of the gun.

A shooter down here has one. (think it may be the one in Deuce's review)

He has had it a few months now and has had no problems. He let me play with it a little.

Felt pretty good.

Have not seen one of the CZ's that Longhunter is doing.

Archived