SASS Wire Forum

Just was informed by my attorney.......

Ace_of_Hearts

It seems that my business website is in violation of the American Disabilities Act.

It is not accessible to blind people......

Thank goodness I don't do business with Government Agencies or I would have to comply immediately.

Believe me this not a joke. If you are perceived to have deep pockets, you will be sued if you are in business.

For those of you who maintain their clubs website......... You will have to comply down the road...... 

<Pondering> Blind people looking for club to shoot with. 

Among other things....... I believe lawmakers are missing the common sense gene.

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Are you drinking with Alpo?:o

No. My company does business with the US Park Service.

I can either give up that portion of the business or spend the yearly fee to keep my website compliant.

At the SS office here they have on the screen that if you are blind or deaf ask for assistance.

Largo

1 hour ago, largo casey #19191 said:

At the SS office here they have on the screen that if you are blind or deaf ask for assistance.

Largo

But how do you read the screen If you’re blind??

13 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

We have Braille on the keys at our drive-up ATMs.  I guess it is possible to drive in backwards so a blind passenger can use the machine but we’ve had it happen 

The company only stocks one type of keys. Doesn’t matter if the machine will be walk up or drive up, it lowers costs.

Archived