SASS Wire Forum

What is the Scariest Words

Rooster Ron Wayne

We are from The Government and are hear to Help !

Screenshot_2017-06-14-22-48-15.thumb.jpg.66877d70f576c227fc05193acfc4578b.jpg

True Story.

My ex-wife was talking to the neighbors when I went out and asked her "What is the worst news you can possibly imagine?"

She immediately answered - "Your sister is coming to visit."

Mind you, my sister never visited and rarely talked to me so this was not a response that had any basis in past history.:o

13 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

She said I'm pregnant:o

I don't know if Mrs. Doc telling me she was pregnant was the scariest, but it was up there. Definitely the most sobering.

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

"I want a divorce."

She got it and it lasted only eleven months.  We then remarried and carried on for nearly forty more years until she passed away.

If it ever got mentioned again we referred to it as "the incident."

Heard something to that effect from my ex, a few days after we bought a big fancy house! She married another soon as the D was final. Good riddance as it turned out. I found Salty Sarah Callahan and we just celebrated our 22nd anniversary. :)

JHC

16 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

We are from The Government and are hear to Help !

Rooster:

I Thought that I had recognized that expression.

FYVP: (For your viewing pleasure)

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

There is a spot on your x-ray...

+1 ! Turned out to be scar tissue from an old upper-respiratory infection.  Another was, "That test came back out of standard limits!"  Another scare that turned out to be something normal for me!  The doctor that ordered the blood work had no reason to order it. Subsequent review by a Mayo Clinic doc said not to worry.  Been a few years, and I would have been dead by now!  Needless to say, I never went back to that local doctor! :angry:

A more pleasant statement twenty-six years ago, from our older daughter and son-in-law: "How about we call you 'Grandma and Grandpa'?"  :D
"

Dr told me You've got two choices either we amputate or you remain crippled for life.

FYI I chose secret option 3 and got to keep my leg and I'm not entirely crippled.

There’s a difference in scary, dreadful, and heartbreaking in my opinion.

“Mayday!  Mayday!  Mayday!”

Another pilot on the mission called it in for me because I didn’t realize how far in the shitter my situation really was.

I was a newly blessed pilot-in-command on one of my first NVG multi-ship missions. Things started going sideways about 0200. It didn’t seem too terribly bad so I just radioed one of the senior warrants with a SITREP. 

He responded with an emphatic, “Get your ass on the ground, Lieutenant. Now!”  A moment later he sent the Mayday on UHF guard frequency. Crash rescue was waiting when I arrived. 

He probably saved the lives of me and my crew. 

Archived