SASS Wire Forum

Screws for an armi san marco new dakota

grey ghost

Trying to revitalize my first saa clone. In 1990 I took an entire summers worth of mowing money and had my dad get me a single action. 

I Was 15 and already had a 357 blackhawk but I wanted a colt inspired gun. 

What I could afford was a emf new dakota.   I was never so proud as to pick it out of the box.  51/2" 45 colt, still my favorite combo. 

I had 100 factory rounds and dies and reloaded using dads 45 acp round nose bullets. 

I loved that gun and every week would fire 100 rounds and reload them before the next week. 

Have not shot her in years. Moved on to more accurate clones and finally colts.  Pulled her out of the safe and wanted to get her going again. 

I forgot it but apparently I put it away because of a broken trigger and bolt spring. Also have some buggery screws( I was a kid)  

I know asm guns are not the best so I dont need that lecture. 

This Is pure sentiment 

Does anyone making copies now have screws that will match up in a asm new dakota

Please dont tell me vti or numerich because they are out. 

What about a trigger and bolt spring, any one better fit or so I just need to try

6 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I have an ASM 1860 Richards conversion. While VTI doesn't have ASM parts, they supplied me with Pietta parts which worked perfectly.

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Ok. They didnt give me that as an option. I wonder if the screws interchange 

I got a trigger screw and a set of gripframe screws and they did.

Brownell's lists a trigger & bolt spring with a longer trigger leg to accommodate ASM.  DeerCreekProducts (dot com) sells ASM 1860 and 1861 springs and screws, which should work with your Dakota.

• 2 weeks later...

Call Nancy at Jack First Gun Parts, 605-343-9544; they make all sorts of hard to find gun parts and tons of screws. One of the best ways to get the right screw is to send one of your buggered up screws and they will match the right screw(s) for you... I know, I worked there for about 13 years. 

Archived