SASS Wire Forum

Ford vs Ferrari

Abilene Slim SASS 81783

The GT40 story and Le Mans ‘66-69 is great.  Just looked up credits for that movie, Shelby and Frey are not mentioned.  How accurate can it be?  

It may not be a documentary but I am going to see it.  Thanks for posting the trailer.

Edit for correctness:  Matt Damon is portraying Mr Shelby.  Must have read the names too late at night.

55 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Didn't Damon learn from True Grit that playing Texans is not his forte?  :lol:

A kid from Cambridge playing a Texan...isn't that cultural appropriation?

LL

One might call it cultural assassination. :D

11 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

The GT40 story and Le Mans ‘66-69 is great.  Just looked up credits for that movie, Shelby and Frey are not mentioned.  How accurate can it be?  

It may not be a documentary but I am going to see it.  Thanks for posting the trailer.

I don' think Carroll and Don did much in the movie... dey be daid.  :rolleyes:

Gotta get this book!  :)

https://jalopnik.com/how-carroll-shelby-and-a-gang-of-nerds-beat-enzo-ferrar-5910453

There are a t least 6 movies or documentaries on Amazon Prime about the GT40 and Lemans. Best Hollywood version is the one with McQueen. From the trailer I'd say this will be another Hollywoodized glamor thing. Don't expect it to be a historically correct depiction.

Ike

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I don' think Carroll and Don did much in the movie... dey be daid.  :rolleyes:

Gotta get this book!  :)

https://jalopnik.com/how-carroll-shelby-and-a-gang-of-nerds-beat-enzo-ferrar-5910453

As Ken Miles has been for decades before them.  I miss read the credits, Matt Damon portrays Carol Shelby.  

Archived