SASS Wire Forum

Most fun to shoot II

Chili Ron

Howdy,

A lot of pards  wimped out on the most fun gun to shoot.

Two? three?? a whole list???   faggitabouttit..

What gun have you spent the most ammo shootin at targets or whatever?

Yes pards most rounds and a 45 70 equals a .22 for this count.

NOW Whats you most fun gun you have shot by count?

Rifle

Pistol

Revolver

Shotgun

Special category: way fun but belonged to someone else.

Easy Peasy  Ruger 10 22.

Mark II

Blackhawk

Doubble barrell.

Gatling gun 45.

Best

CR

Funnest are my aforementioned MAS 45 .22

Ruger Mk II Target Model

Marlin 336 .30-30

Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt

:)

(And yes, I DO have a bunch o' "Big-Bore Blasters" but I likes these. ;))

The three I mentioned in the other thread? I have no idea how many rounds I put through the BT99 in practice and competition, or the 9422M simply plinking and having fun. Less than 1000 through the Model 41, but because I got it during a time when I was unable to get out and shoot it as often, and still don't get the chance.

Edit: I will say I have more .22LR through an old Marlin 60 belonging to my dad than any other firearm.

Pair of Ruger SASS stainless .45 Colts

1873 SASS Lever action, in .45 Colt

12 ga open Hammer "Wyatt Earp" shotgun

If you go by round count, that same AK47 would be the one!!  I can shoot up more rounds in two minutes with that thing than I can shoot in a two day match with my cowboy guns.  Considering haw many matches I've shot, I guess my 1860 Henry would be next.  Had it for about 15 years and I've shot as many as 60 matches in a year, it'll probably come in a distant second.  It was a gift from Schoolmarm and it's wicked fun to shoot. 

Next would be my 1860 Colt pistols.  I put over 1,000 rounds a month through the two of them in 2011alone.  I've shot other sets of guns a lot over the years, a lot, so I figure none of the pistols will add up in round count.  I change shotguns like some cowboys change socks, maybe more often, so no scattergun of mine will stack up!!

Winchester model 1906 .22 pump carbine, take down model, made in 1911.  My Dad bought it for me when I was 6, and I still have it and shoot it.  An amazingly tight and smooth little rifle to be over 100 years old.

Oh boy. This would have to be my Ruger 10-22. I bought it in 92 and I cannot even say how many bricks of ammo have been shot with this gun. Not one part has been changed in this little rifle except for the nylon bolt stop I bought for it and changed a couple of times since nice 93. Oh, and I did finally give it a new set of sights a couple of years ago. 

50 rounds per day in practice, 5 days a week, 3 weeks per month, 9 months per year for 3 years = 20,250 rounds of.22 LR through my Remington 513T while on my high school’s ROTC rifle team.  Plus a bunch more in individual 4-position competition during my first 2 years in college.

My cowboy action rifles probably are close to that number, but I cannot say they exceed it.

Dang, I wish I still had that old Remington, even though I could now replace it with a Winchester 52D.  (That’s what the rich kids shot in the ‘60s!)

Colt SAA’s in 357

Colt King Cobra.357

Ruger Single Six .22

S&W Model 686 .357

Ruger Mark IV .22 

Uberti 73 in .357

9 hours ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Colt SA 45 Colt

Winchester 92 44-40

Colt commander 45 ACP, and .22 LR

M1 Garand

I'll go with the ColtSAA .45 with a % 1/2" barrel.  My first gun in 1960 and the last one I'll ever sell.  I shot it so much that most of the gun has been replaced over the years, but it's still my go to gun when I just have to shoot something or go into withdrawal.

My Uberti 73 in .44-40 with a 24" octagonal barrel that my wife bought  me in 1980 for Christmas is a mighty close second.

The one that I spent the most time with, was a Remington #6 take-down in 22.
This was a falling block single shot that was bought new by my Uncle Floyd at the start of the last century.
It went to my Dad about 1921 or thereabouts, and then to me around 1960.

We lived on the desert, so it was a sage-crawling gun for a kid.
I learned to get close, make a careful shot, and dispatch prairie dogs for their flying lessons.

Many years later, my house was robbed.
Lost the Remington, three Nikons, all the lenses, and a Gibson banjo.

Got the banjo back after seeing it in a pawn shop window.
The PD made a typo on the crime report, and all my stuff went through that pawn shop.
I got ahold of the detective, and we walked into the pawn shop.
He went over and picked it up, handed it to me, told the pawn owner, "You have something that belongs to us." and walked out.
I still have the banjo.

My FN FAL. Hands down. 20 rounds of .308. Would take down a tree with style! Looked like a toothpick factory in back. And yes, we did use the firewood for all the tree huggers out there. Shot up a couple old cars too. VERY impressive.

The gun I've shot the most rounds through would have to be my Browning Superposed Lightning in 20-gauge.

I have no idea how many thousands of rounds I've put through this gun or the number of birds bagged by this marvelous shotgun.  

I bought this shotgun for $197 out of the Yong Song PX, Seoul, S. Korea, in December, 1972.  Bagged limits of dove with it just this month on September 1 & 2, 2019, shooting with family outside Sterling, Colorado. 

It's a "Jewel." 

Every bird hunter should have at least one fine bird gun. 

Browning Superposed Lightning "Jewel" in 20-gauge. (Pictured with a young Mearn's quail)

vTDADx.jpg

(Pictured with Sharptail Grouse.)

ioGOwH.jpg

(Pictured with wild S. Dakota Ditch Chickens and my Lizzie)

S734BC.jpg

(Picture with my great-niece, Kayleigh, on Sept 1, 2019)

3o55Pi.jpg

Archived