SASS Wire Forum

CZ Coach Gun

shotgun31

I handled a CZ that had been worked on by Jason Widmer (Boomstick) 254-368-4540.  The CZ felt really nice and slick and Boomstick had welded up the hammers to make them taller and easier to sweep back.  If I ever start shooting classic cowboy I will likely send a hammer gun off to Boomstick for his work.

4 hours ago, July Smith said:

I handled a CZ that had been worked on by Jason Widmer (Boomstick) 254-368-4540.  The CZ felt really nice and slick and Boomstick had welded up the hammers to make them taller and easier to sweep back.  If I ever start shooting classic cowboy I will likely send a hammer gun of to Boomstick for his work.

UH... "Welded up hammers to make them taller" ? 

My understanding is that you may reprofile SxS hammers, ( Pg 40 shooters handbook) but nothing is mentioned about taller. That kinda sounds like an external modification you are describing. Maybe I'm missing something.

1 hour ago, Captain Clark said:

UH... "Welded up hammers to make them taller" ? 

My understanding is that you may reprofile SxS hammers, ( Pg 40 shooters handbook) but nothing is mentioned about taller. That kinda sounds like an external modification you are describing. Maybe I'm missing something.

The small sharp CZ hammers had been modified to match (or at least look very similar to) Colt 1878 style hammers.  Not sure about legality of this modification but they looked nice and were a huge improvement over the stock CZ hammers.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, shotgun31 said:

Could anyone suggest a good gunsmith for a CZ Coachgun.  Nice shotgun, new, but really stiff.  I’m working on it with some honing pow sew, but the springs seem really stiff.

Shotgun)

How's your break action?  Pretty stiff, too?  

I sent an email to Jason yesterday to see what he can do with the action and springs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived